Chapter 2

It was a beautiful sunny day in the city of Shansod. Most were out in the city buying certain items or hanging out with friends. But for a certain pink hedgehog: she came to buy her boyfriend a gift. He has been stressed recently so she wants to cheer him up. The girl searched through the articles of clothing however nothing caught her interest. Nothing spoke out to her. So far she couldn't find anything for him...until a store caught her eye: a game store. She knew that on his free time he'd play on his Xbox or he'd go on his daily runs. She grins as she enters the store and looks around the shelves of games. Mostly searching through the shooting type of games. The pink hedgehog stares up a video game, which was on the fifth shelve. Reaching up for the box, now on her tip toes. Unfortunately she couldn't reach it due to her height (Even though she was 5ft 11). Making her groan in frustration, "Need help miss?" A raucous voice behind the girl asks. Turning her head to the voice; it was a male hedgehog. Wearing dark midnight hoodie (With the hood up) covering half of his face. Only seeing his mouth, black nose and glowing red eyes. She gives a sweet smile to the stranger, "Yes please!-" Then points up at the video game. "-I'm too short to get the game." She nervously giggles, glancing back at the male. Who steps next to her; showing the height difference between them. The girl was up to his shoulder. He seemed to be 6 foot 3. The man stretches his hand outward, grabbing the side of the game. Pulling it off of the shelf. He didn't even need to be on the tip of his toes.

He gives the girl her game, "Thank you sir!" She smiles, making him blush. He rarely has seen a smile such as that. One that showed true kindness. "You're welcome. My name is Sha- I mean Shane Sombra." He raises her hand out to her, waiting for a handshake. She accepts the gesture, "I'm Amy, Amy Rose. Nice to meet you Shane." The pink hedgehog notices his small smile. It was rather cute. "Thanks again!" She waves goodbye to the hedgehog, whilst jogging over to the counter. Paying for the game and leaving the store. The hedgehog watches her leave, his hearts beats faster. That hedgehog...why does he feel so different with her? 'Amy,what a cute name.' He gets out of his trance, shaking his head repeatedly. He pads to the stores counter, where a worker was flying (Since he was rather short). "Charmy." The bee breaks out of his bored stare and timidly looks at the hooded man. "O-oh hey dude! Need a-anything?" He asks, a small amount of sweat drip down his chin. The taller male glances back to the entrance, then back at Charmy. "Do you know anything about that pink hedgehog?" The bee answers by shaking his head no. "N-not really...oh! But I do know she's friends with Cream. You know her right: small rabbit, orange fur, a cute face-" "Yes I know Charmy. Chill out." He interrupts. It was obvious Charmy had a crush on the rabbit. Every time she would come by the store; Charmy's face would go red. "Why do you want to know anyway?" Charmy questions, placing his index finger on his chin. "No reason...no reason at all."

~~~9:30 PM~~~

Sonic huffs from exhaustion, work has been hard on him. Since that last raid, he has been working 24/7 to get another chance. Another chance to get Shadow. The blue hedgehog enters his house, closing the door behind him he hears- "Sonic!!" Before he could react, Sonic was tackled to the ground. Arms wrapped around his neck and a pink hedgehog on top of him; it was his girlfriend. Amy Rose. A smile forms on his lips, "Hey Ames!" Sonic leans up, Amy was still hugging him. "C-can you let me go now?" He asks, placing his hands on her shoulder. Gently pushing her away. Amy lets him go, standing up. "Sorry sweetie! I just got a little excited." She giggles nervously. Sonic gets up, wiping his uniform. In case there was any dust on him. "That's alright." Sonic runs into the dining room, now sitting in his seat. Which was at the left side of the table, Amy's chair was opposite him. He licks his lips staring at his dinner: 2 enchiladas and a chilli dog, a drink of white wine by the plates side. Amy soon joins her boyfriend, sitting opposite of him with the same food. "How was work?" Amy asks, picking up her chilli dog. Biting down onto her food. 

Sonic groans, which tells enough to Amy. Knowing that groan meant it was a bad day. "Babe work has..been crap." He takes a big bite out of his enchilada. "No matter what, I can't get that hedgehog." Sonic explains, still chewing on his food. Amy nods understanding what hedgehog he was talking about. It seemed that Sonic had an obsession with him: Always talking about revenge, negative comments on him, even having a whole board of the criminal in their bedroom! "Don't worry Sonic, I'm sure you will get him one day!" She exclaims, hoping her eagerness would cheer up her boyfriend. Who gives a small smile to her, "Yeah, sure Ames." They both smile at each other. Before they eat in silence. Just enjoying their company for the rest of the night.