Chapter 31

Sonic takes a long sip from his coffee, he couldn't have a wink of sleep last night. He was too busy stopping all of these sudden riots. It seems they would happen one right after another. The riots/gang wars gotten hectic during the past 6 days. Sonic needs to know why these gang wars were happening. So, to look for clues, he searches through each report of these incidents. The witness reports weren't that different from one another. They reported the same thing; they heard gunshots, two gangs or possibly more were involved, a couple of gang members get injured or die etc. The areas where these gang wars/riots occurred were mostly in the same town. Nearing the dark side of this giant city. He should investigate that area.

~~~

The next day, Shadow organized a meeting with his gang. Amy was waiting, rather impatiently for it to end. She wasn't allowed in there because the meeting involved things she wouldn't like. Amy found that to be a shitty reason to not let her in. It pissed her off that whenever Shadow was doing his work, he would shut her out. She wants to be involved; if she is going to stay with him, surely he'd let her know what's going on. Amy frequently pops her head out of the bedroom door, to check if the meeting was over. By the 7th time she popped her head out, she saw Shadow's goons leave the office. Some of them chatting among themselves as they walked past her. Once they all left, Amy jogs into the office. Viewing Shadow hunched over his desk, a dark aura around him.

Amy closes the door behind her, "Shadow?" His head snaps up to stare at her. His expression softens slightly, he was obviously agitated with something. He groans, "Rose, I thought I told you not to disturb me when I'm working." "You did, but I don't really care." She jokes, taking a couple of steps to the front of the desk. "This is not the time, Amy." She knew he was being serious. Her smile falters, "What happened?" Shadow grabs all of the pieces of paper scattered around his desk. Pushing them into Amy's chest, rather harshly. Her eyes scan the writing. "Wha- why is there random plans that are numbered on here?" He turns his back to her, crossing his arms. "Because of that little stunt back in The Slash Club." Amy gives a questioning look as he continued to explain. "Mephiles gang and mine are now in a fucking war."

"And this is my fault?" Amy was astonished that Shadow -what she believes- is putting the blame on her.  He swiftly twists to look at her. Raising his hands in defense. "I'm not saying it is-" "But it sounds like you are." He could tell from the tone in Amy's voice that she was getting angry. "No, Amy I-" Shadow grunts in frustration, trying to form his sentence correctly. "Look, I understand why you shot him at the club. I would've done it myself if you didn't beat me to it. But that incident has caused a lot of problems and we need to resolve them somehow." Amy places the pages down, before resting both hands onto her hips. "Yeah, well.. have any of these stuck out to you?" He took a moment before nodding. The one plan that stuck out did make Shadow doubt it ever working. But it seems to be the best out of all of them. "One has, but I don't like it. There would be many possibilities as to how it would end." He takes two steps forward to Amy. Who stays silent, waiting for him to continue.

"This plan was to have you agree to meet Mephiles and pretend to agree to spend a night with him." Amy silently gags, now understanding why Shadow doesn't like this. He subtly smiles at her reaction, "We'll have you stall him for a while, then my men will bust in and take him down. We may honestly be doing a favor for this city as well." There was a moment of silence, mostly because Shadow was waiting for Amy to speak. She thought about this plan during the silence; it could work. If she just forces herself not to attack Mephiles as soon as she sees him. "I-I guess I can do it. But you must promise to take him out as soon as we get to his place." "I doubt he'll take you to one of his houses." Amy raises an eyebrow in question as Shadow continues. "Whenever he wants one night stand, he usually takes them to some sleazy motel." Amy mutters something under her breath, Shadow doesn't question what she said. "Are you sure you want to do this? You don't have to rose." Amy quickly nods. "Yes, I'm sure I can do this. I'm down for anything to get Mephiles off our backs."