44. The Trial

I just had to point it out that this is not how trial works inside the courtroom, okay? This is yet fictional. Yes I finished law course. That's why I have knowledge about laws yet different states are governed by different laws so you may agree with me or not. In my country, we don't have jury. Only the Judge will decide based on the evidences presented. In this chapter, I will mention some disturbing scenes. I won't put images for less imagination. 🚫
-ahsirk

-xxxx-

Eversince Mingyu entered the courtroom, he wore this annoying smirk on his face, mocking Jungkook and his desperation

Eversince Mingyu entered the courtroom, he wore this annoying smirk on his face, mocking Jungkook and his desperation. Jungkook on the other hand, though feeling dizziness and light headedness for tending on Jimin's condition last night, he is yet vigilant and confident on the case outcome- turning it to his favor.

Everyone seems to be settled on their own seats, just waiting for the entrance of the Judge. Suddenly the clerk spoke. " All rise. " Emphasizing that the Judge is here. " This court is now in session. "

The Judge enters the courtroom and sat on his bench signaling that they may start. It is thesame Judge who rendered the dismissal of the case months ago.

Jungkook stood up with confidence. " Prosecutor Jeon Jungkook for the State your Honor. " Reiterating the case. " The case was previously dismissed declaring that the accused Kim Mingyu is insane hence he couldn't possibly do the alleged killing of Mr. Chan and his family. " The motion to reopen the case was granted just recently and was allowed to be heard today. " The prosecution would like to submit evidence to contest the sanity of the accused to be marked as Exhibit A. "

" Objection your Honor, the evidence is not one of those presented during the Pre trial Proper, hence, inadmissible. " Said the defense lawyer.

" Overruled. " The Judge said, scolding the lawyer. " Mr. Counsel, this is a reopened case, submission of newly discovered evidence that is available during the commission of the crime is allowed. And I'd like to see it. " He added.

*/overruling of an objection- the Judge disagrees with the objection, the lawyer presenting evidence will proceed./*

Jungkook continued with his presentation and when he gave the copy of the video taken the night of the massacre, Mingyu was gawking, eyes-widened still clueless as to what's all about the newly discovered evidence. And how the hell was it obtained.

" The point of this video is to prove that the accused indeed committed the crime and he is sane, though he was declared insane last time, this video will show that he acted during lucid interval. " Jungkook explained asking for the Judge permission to play the video.

" Objection your Honor, recording is a violation of privacy. Hence, the video is inadmissible. " Said the adverse counsel again.

" Your Honor, the accused gave his permission to record thesame. Hence, no violation of privacy to speak of. " Jungkook countered.