Chapter 3 | Confused

Start from the beginning

I'm starting to get really annoyed.

"Yes. I think I know that better than anyone else, now please—"

"You humiliated yourself so badly that no one would want anything to do with you..." She takes another menacing step forward, forcing me to take one back. "Not only have you possibly lost the support of the whole student body, but a few teachers too. Mr Gilmore probably hates you!"

I have no idea why she's fuming when this really has nothing to do with her. I get that she's mad but because of this? Really?

"And look at yourself, you looks like the boring version of Mabel from Gravity Falls."

Gravity what?

"And you've got the Pride and the Royals hating on you, so you're not just a loner, but probably below the cleaners."

Uh... okay that's not cool. The cleaners are as much human as the rest of us are.

"But." She suddenly says before I have the chance to defend myself. "It takes guts to do what you did back there and I've been waiting for someone to finally talk back to that hoe Mr Gilmore... oh and Malissa too."

What?

I'm confused.

"I don't know if you know me, I'm Olivia. Olivia Hart." She then puts her hand out with a sheepish smile.

I glance at her hand and then back at her face, then again.

Oh this is wasting time!

Dropping the kind act and grumbling, I push her out of my way and march out the door. I check my watch; two minutes, forty seven seconds.

"oh great." I start rushing.

"Hey! Did you just push me?" I can hear that Olivia girl from behind me but don't stop. I hurry down an empty corridor and get to the main hallway.

The line of lockers and students in front of them has me anything but relieved. I rush past the people there and take a few turns, leaving the building and going into another before running up a staircase leading to its second floor. There's a long corridor, identical to almost every corridor here. However at the end of this one is a door to one of the most important rooms in the entire school. The Server room.

Thanks to the school wanting to be kept up to date with the best operating systems money can buy, the school purchased servers that not only filed and kept all the school's data, but automatically connected to every device that entered the premises. With this connection (if you knew how to access the server and understood its binary) you'd be able to hack into all the devices within the school's perimeter and erase anything you want from within them with the catch that whatever it was had to be taken within the boundaries of the school.

Yes. That's a little secret the school doesn't want anyone to know. I only found out when I first hacked...uh logged into the computer system to watch the school band's practice videos... umm because they're really good...

There are cameras placed along the wall and the corridor is pretty narrow. Usually you'd expect to find lasers around here, but they have yet to re-install them until next week.