Chapter 3 | Confused

Start from the beginning

"K.O bro. It's a K.O." The guy who I recognise as Logan Warwick says.

I turn over to the girl, almost impressed.

She rolls her eyes at Simon and turns back around, spotting my look as she does so.

"You're welcome." She just says coolly and looks down at her notebook.

To be honest, I don't want to ask why she did that, I'm grateful, but not in the mood to talk, which is why I continue on with whatever I'm working on. It feels like only a few seconds have passed before Mrs Carlisle speaks up again.

"The bell is going to ring in ten minutes and there's a staff meeting right after so I want everyone to wrap things up now."

A few relieved sighs travel across the room.

I guess you can say I feel the same, but I've only got one thing on my mind holding me back; the videos.

I shut my book and begin packing up. In no time the bell goes off and students are running out of the classroom. I stand up to take my leave as the last person in the room (Mrs Carlisle left before the bell had even rung), when the door slams shut right before me and standing in front of it is the girl who snapped at Simon.

She's leaning against the door, one foot up and arms folded. It's a weird sight and a little cliche.

"So. It's Blair right?" She asks in a pretend bored tone.

I groan internally. Just what I needed, another problem.

I stare at her blankly before taking in a deep breath and smile politely-which is very, very hard to do right now.

"Yeah. Well if you didn't catch what was happening back there." I laugh, making sure it sounds awkward. God why am I so good at acting?

She's trying to be intimidating, I can tell, but I have no time to fake my fright right now.

Fifty-two seconds have passed since the bell ran, which means only ninety-four percent of the students remain on the campus. This means I might have already lost two students who have a video of me.

"I'm sorry but I seriously need to get going." I say as politely as I can after two seconds.

She ignores me and shakes her head. "I think you can wait because you know, I just can't seem to figure out why you did what you did back in the cafeteria."

I can't deal with this right now.

"Neither can I." I chuckle awkwardly and reach for the door handle.

Her eyes narrow. "Do you have any idea how much trouble you've just caused for yourself?"

"I do. I really need to get going."

She swats my arm away.

Um rude.

"Actually, you're not going anywhere. Do you really think anyone in this school will accept you for what you did?" —she takes a step forward— "You indirectly attacked Declan and walks out on the principal—"