Chapter 8

*Nicola's POV*

I spent the rest of my weekend in my hotel room Skyping friends and family, I really miss them. It would be so amazing to have them here with me but I'm glad I've made friends like Mandy, James and Austin. Speaking of which, Mandy left my house on Saturday afternoon because she had to finish up some assignments for the club.

I had already finished all of mine and I'm glad I did because I can now just sit and think... Friday night was, wow. Something else.

I told my friend Sam back home about what happened with Neymar and to say she was excited is an understatement. She kept saying that he is famous and he can have any girl so I should feel special. I laughed and said that's why I don't feel special... He can have any girl so he thinks he can have me which makes me feel cheap. And of course being the optimistic person she is she said that I had caught his attention and that isn't easy to do when he is "famous and fresh as fuck".

Ah, so many thoughts so little time. It's now Sunday night and I'm dreading tomorrow, purely because I have to see Neymar and if that isn't awkward enough he will probably do or say something that will make me feel awkward. After all he has probably done this type of thing to so many girls that he doesn't even remember what happened with me.

I sigh and check my emails from the club for tomorrow trying to dull my thoughts of Neymar and Friday night. I see that all the candidates are going to split up in different groups and going to be doing something "fun". Let's hope it's actually fun and not some shitty activity.

I tuck into bed and try get some rest, tomorrow is going to be a long day after all.

***

I wake up to my alarm blaring loudly. Fuck fuck fuck fuck! Did I over sleep? Oh fuck I did!

I sprint out of bed and run to the closet. I pick out a Barca shirt which is unpersonalised and plain black yoga pants with my black Nikes again, I'm late and I honestly couldn't care less about my appearance right now. I grab my make up bag and a plain SnapBack because my hair looks like a nest and run to my rental car.

Because I am a genius I do my make up in the car at the stop streets to save time and let's just say I look presentable.

I arrive at the gates and drive in almost knocking over any pedestrians in sight. I get out my car, get my bag and run to the entrance. I step inside and scan my access card and walk into the main reception seeing everyone sitting around waiting. Wait are you fucking kidding me? I'm not late?

I sigh in relief and look for Mands and the guys. Once I spot them I make my way over to them and collapse into the chair.

"What's got you in a huff?" Austin teases smirking and Mandy and James giggle.

"Woke up... Late, ran through here... really tired... Need water." I say in between breaths. They all laugh and James hands me his Coke.

I take a gulp and smile, "Thanks but, so early in the morning?" I say raising an eyebrow.

"It's the only thing that wakes me up" he shrugs.

I nod and Mandy speaks up, "Okay so anyways now that you are alive and well, you aren't in our group because you were late. You are with the Russians." She says trying to hide her smile.

"Are you serious? I can't speak Russian?! I'm going to be so bored!"

"Well you snooze you lose."

"Literally." Austin sniggers and I punch his arm lightly.

"But on the plus side your job is way better than ours." Mandy says smirking. Oh gosh don't tell me it's something like cleaning the toilets or scrubbing shoes.

"What is it?" I ask hesitantly.

"You are with the boys! You are water and towel girl and you get their kits set up in the locker room!" She says excitedly. "And we know what that means... You and lover boy eh?" She says winking and I roll my eyes playfully.

"Oh come on Mands, nothing is happening he probably doesn't even remember."

"We will see" she winks. "Wait who are you talking about?" Austin asks looking serious.

Me and Mandy look at each other and giggle. Wait what no I can't giggle? It's Neymar we are talking about here... He has a girlfriend and he isn't my type. He's too... Douchey.

"Anyways I have to go now I'm already late enough." I say sighing and make my way over to my group.

I sit down and smile. They all look at me and then turn away. Okay, bitches.

Doctor De Freitas came in soon after I sat down and told us we need to go to our designated jobs now. I check my form and see that I have two jobs. I give the boys their water bottles and towels at training and then I go and make sure that the locker room has their change of clothes in the correct areas. Not too bad. Considering the others in my group had to collect the cones and exercise equipment around the gym and that could be a lot of work.

I make my way over to the first training field and see a lot of small figures running up and down with the ball. I have to admit it's amazing to be able to watch my favourite team train in the flesh. I reach the coaches benches and see towels, jackets and water bottles lying around. Boys can be so messy sometimes.

I begin to pick up the labeled water bottles and take them all to the holder. After that I clean up the jerseys and jackets off the grass and fold them, laying them on the bench. By now the boys had noticed my presence and every now and again would glance at me. Agh relax I'm not here to steal your stuff. The coaches seemed to know who I was because they looked my way smiled and carried on coaching.

I had just finished folding the towels when a whole bunch of sweaty figures appeared all around me picking up their sweat towels, messing them up again.

I lightly slap Dani, because he is basically the only person I know here besides Neymar.

"I just folded those!" I pouted.

"Aw it's okay you will be strong" he pouts back and wraps me up in a hug.

I laugh but then groan, "Ew and you are all sweaty! Gross man" I spot Neymar eyeing us in the corner of my eye. Mind your own business buddy.

Dani laughed but then goes slightly serious, "Hey where did you go on Friday? You were there taking shots with me and then just disappeared?"

So Neymar didn't tell him! Maybe he didn't want to bruise his ego... I doubt it was that, he probably didn't even remember and that's why Dani doesn't know. Either way I need to get over it.

"Oh yeah I just went back to the dance floor, you know I love to party!" I say trying to change the topic.

"Mhmm" he mumbles, thinking. "Anyways it have to continue my duties because unlike you I have to do more than kick a football around all day" I tease and pick up the rack with all the now empty water bottles in them.

He sticks his tongue out at me and I laugh as I walk away with the bottles to fill them up again.

As I turn the corner into the tunnel and towards the cafeteria I feel a hand on my arm.

"Dani let me go fill the bot-" Neymar? Oh gosh what could he possibly want. I stop and stand there slightly shocked and slightly embarrassed for some unknown reason.

He looks me in the eyes and then back down to the floor. I just stare up at him expectantly waiting for him to speak. And then he finally says the words that would make anyone worried as hell.

"We need to talk."