04

In exactly 15 minutes, I reached Hotel Baglioni and told the driver to park the car in the basement as I got down at the entrance.

Thankfully, the guests haven't arrived yet, and I went inside the event hall to check all the arrangements. Seems like my threatening words did have an effect.

After I was done with checking the hall, I went out to receive the guests and they arrived in the next 5 minutes. I invited them humbly and led them to the event hall.

The event went on for a whole 5 hours. They were pleased with my proposal and we immediately started to get inside the details of the collaboration.

By the end of the event, I was satisfied with the success of the event. My driver drove the car back home, and I went to my room and got changed. When I laid on the bed, I slept soundly.

The next month, I was flying to and fro between Edinburgh and London continuously. Once I was done dealing with the pending work in the regional office, I stayed in Edinburgh and completely got involved with the collaboration project.

Time had passed, and I have been staying in Edinburgh for more than a year. I had finally completed the collaboration project.

I will be turning 20 tomorrow. Freya said yesterday that she would come over to my penthouse to celebrate it with me.

When she saw Chris, wearing a loose t-shirt and a track pant, in my penthouse, she freaked out. Freya has never once seen Chris or heard about him from me. I never needed to tell about him to her.

I went to her and pulled her inside the penthouse. Chris asked politely, "So, you must be Freya Bailey."

Freya looked at him and then at me before nodding and saying, "Yes."

"I've heard a lot about you from Kate," said Chris casually, and sat beside me.

"And I've never heard anything about you from her," she said while staring at me.

I shrugged and said, "Sorry! Never meant to hide it from you, it's just the topic never came."

Chris raised an eyebrow and glared at me, and I chuckled. He shook his head, then saw his watch and stood up. He turned towards me and bent down to kiss my forehead, and said, "I've got to go. See you later at night. We're spending the entire day tomorrow together."

I nodded and smiled at him. He went to his room, bathed, changed out of his clothes, and left the penthouse.

Freya was patient enough to not bring up the topic until he left. Once he closed the door, she immediately screamed.

I said, "Alright, don't scream. I'll tell you about me and Chris."

"Everything," said Freya.

"Yes, yes. Everything," I said. I started by saying, "Chris has been staying here for the past 4 months."

Before I finished speaking, Freya freaked out again, and she started to shout out various questions, "WTH! Why didn't you tell me you were in a relationship and that too living together? For 4 months? I've been calling you every alternate day and you've kept this a secret for 4 months!"

I didn't know how to stop her running mouth otherwise, so I yelled at her, "STOP!"

Once she stopped, I said, "Chris is my friend."

"A friend?" asked Freya as she gave me an accusatory look.

"Well, more than just a friend. He is my family friend too. Our parents, all 4 of them, were friends from school. At some point, they had decided their children would also be friends forever like them.

So, whenever both of our families were in the same city, my parents would drop me at his house when they go for work. They'd drop him at my house when they had to go overseas.

When we first met, we became friends immediately. We were the kids that never had friends in school, so we got along a lot. We'd play and have fun together and we'd even study together, though he's 3 years older than me. We share almost everything," I said.

"And that everything also includes the bed, I guess," she said with a frown.

"Absolutely not!" I said hurriedly. I took a deep breath and said, "I've known Chris since I was 3. Since my parents often dropped me at his house and left for work, they gave me a permanent room in their house. My parents bought this penthouse when I turned 5 and by then, we had turned into best friends. The day we came to live here, my parents showed me 2 rooms and had asked me to decide which room I'd want. When I chose mine, they had naturally decided that the other room would be his. Since then, Chris had his own permanent room at my house. He is free to come and go as he wishes. He was back from overseas 4 months ago."

Freya nodded in understanding and then asked, "Then, what about the kiss?"

I blushed in embarrassment. "Once, I was bullied in school and I came home crying. When Chris saw me crying, he asked me why I was crying and when I told him what happened, he said to forget about it. He then tried to stop me from crying, but then I was not able to control myself. He probably remembered how dad kisses me on my forehead to console me and kissed me on my forehead. When I stopped crying, he was convinced and stuck to doing that whenever he felt I needed to know that he was there for me," I said honestly.

"So, that kiss was a comforting kiss?" she asked again, for which I nodded in return.

She thought for a moment and then muttered, "So, he just ignored the fact that a kid bullied you and asked you to forget about it. But he gives a comforting kiss, seems like a scared cat to me."

I shook my head and said, "The kid who bullied me didn't appear in school from the next day. Later on, when I was put in the same junior school as Chris, a guy tried to bully me and that guy's bad luck, he was seen by Chris. Chris went and took his ID card from him and then took me to the headmaster's office. Chris asked for permission to call his parents and when he called, he had told them that a guy was trying to bully me and that's it. The kid was transferred to another school and all the other kids were given a strict warning against bullying. All it took was Chris' one word and his parents would do the rest. Whenever I get into some trouble, he would be there to save me and help me."

Freya nodded in realisation and said, "I underestimated the guy. Seems like he's your guardian angel. By the way, who is he?"