02

I had been crying for 2 hours. That's it, I was done crying, and it was time I moved on with my life. It was never mine to begin with, so I had no reason to be moping over it for a long time.

I had to leave for Edinburgh. It was 6 PM now, and I had a flight to catch at 9 PM. I have to be at the airport 2 hours before departure, so I rush to get myself ready. Freya helped me pack my suitcase with daily necessities. The clothes were all packed beforehand the previous day.

I got rid of the gown I was wearing. It had been stained with champagne and the stain won't go. Moreover, the dress would only remind me of today's events and I didn't want to be bound with memories that will only tie me up and bring me down.

Once my suitcase was packed and I was dressed, I hailed a taxi to the airport. Before getting into the taxi, I told Freya to use my car in my absence and gave her the key. I left for the airport and by the time I reached the airport; I was back to normal.

I have been used to living all alone in my house. After mom and dad's death, Freya would stay with me occasionally in the house. I've been used to accepting reality faster than others. People around me keep saying that I'm overreacting or I'm making decisions in a haste, but I know that I'm not.

My decisions are well thought out and not rash. I just process things at a faster rate.

From the day my parents died, 3 years ago, I had only one motive, one goal. To manage my parents' business, save it from the preys, and to reach new heights.

I would never let my feelings affect my parents' business. Legally, I'm not the CEO of Evans Holdings yet. It is still in my parents' name, and once I turn 21, it will be mine. My parents had made such terms in their will. I didn't think they would plan out things in case of their death too. Seems like they knew their enemies who'd turn out to be their murderer.

I knew the car accident was a murder, but I was smart enough to pretend that I knew nothing of it. My parents would have wanted me to do the same. They have always asked me to prioritise my safety over everything else, even if it means to hide the truth or let the murderer away.

They were typical parents who would do anything to keep their children safe.

Though I pretend to believe that it was indeed a car accident, I've been keeping my eyes on the employees and the enemies closely for the past few years. I've almost shortlisted the potential murderer lurking in the shadows.

Even though I have shortlisted them, I won't be able to do anything to them. Not until I gather enough evidence. I believe it's gonna take a long time.

Pushing my thoughts behind, I get out of the taxi with my suitcase and head inside the airport. By the time I get out of Edinburgh Airport; it is already a little over 11 PM.

I hail a taxi and head to my penthouse in the city. I rest for the night and get ready for the meeting at the headquarters.

Once I reach the company, the employees greet me politely while in reality, they're sneering inside. They have been this way ever since I started managing the business.

I've been thinking of restructuring the entire headquarters, but any action I take now will only attract attention from the murderer. Until I weed out the murderer and get justice for my parents, I cannot restructure and I will have to bear with them.

I head to my cabin, and in passing, I glanced at the empty CEO's office. It has been empty for the past 3 years and looking at the empty room boosts my will to find the murderer every time.

I take a few files, head to the conference room and start the meeting. Meeting went for a long time and I stayed in Edinburgh for the next few days, to complete the work that has been pending and was looking through new project proposals.

I returned to London after 2 weeks. I was tired from all the work pressure and called Freya to come home. We spent the next few days at home, watching movies and laying on the sofa until we felt sleepy.

The next day, Freya pulled me to go shopping, and we spent the entire day shopping. The next few days, we were talking about what to do next and Freya seemed to be troubled as to where to apply for a job.

I was helping her arrange for some interviews and when I ask her what kind of work she is looking for; she mentioned a few descriptions.

I thought for a moment and then asked her if she's interested in working in Evans Holdings, she gladly agreed to my proposal.

As soon as she agreed, I called the manager at the regional office and asked if there was a vacancy. When he said there is a vacancy, I told him to not to make any advertisements and I will be sending a candidate for him to interview as per the formality and get her the job. He obliged, and I cut the call.

She went to the interview the next day and came home happily. She asked me if I was pulling any strings for the pay. She was happy to know that I didn't say anything about her pay to anyone in the office.

The next day, we went to the office together. I wished her a good day, and she went to enjoy her first day of work.

Sometimes, we had the routine of going to the company and back home together. The rest of the times, I would be working overnight or going over to meetings or business events.

Just like that, 4 months had passed since the convocation.

Freya was encouraging me to do it so that I wouldn't have any regrets. Jacob and Amelia got married last month, and I had heard from a college-mate that they were back from their honeymoon a week ago.

I knew that though it was not my place, not confessing it would always make me regret at some point in my life. Freya knew it too.

Freya had been trying to convince me about it from the morning. At last, in the afternoon, I gave Jacob a call and asked if he and his wife were at home and if I could come to see them at their home. When he asked the reason for me wanting to see them, I just said that I had to say something in front of both of them.