13

Today's a new day. So what I cried myself to sleep last night, that's in the past now. Today I'll continue as if nothing ever happened. Like before I knew ghosts were real. As I was about to head out Reggie and Alex popped into my room.

"Ahh!" I screamed. "Don't do that!"

I laughed then shook my head. "Ghosts aren't real. I see nothing."

"Starr, we have to talk about Luke." Alex said.

"Do I hear anything? Nope." I popped my p.

"He's really sad and he wants to talk to you."

I grabbed my bag. "I'm moving on."

"Just talk to him before it's too late."

"Too late?" I laughed. "All I've been doing is talking to Luke. If he wanted to talk to me that bad, he'd be here."

"You told him to leave you alone and he will. Even if he likes you, he'll listen."

I rolled my eyes. "So what? You gonna convince me to talk to him?"

"Yes." Reggie emphasized. "We found out why were here."

I raised my eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"He means we have unfinished business. We didn't play at the orpheum. We do and we're gone or we go play for this weird ghost dude for eternity and you never see us again." Alex explained.

"So you're gonna play the orpheum?"

"We don't know what we're gonna do but talk to Luke, okay?" Alex asked.

"I'll think about it."

-

"You're off!" Griffin yelled at Oliver.

"You're the one that's off! I'm doing amazing, right Starr?" Oliver asked.

"Stop acting like children! You guys were both off!" Mara yelled.

I put my fingers on my temples as they burst into a full on argument. I can't believe these are my friends and band mates.

"... and that's why you're gonna end up being a cat lady!" Griffin screamed at Mara.

"Well, your annoying! And your cologne smells like shit!"

Griffin gasped. "You take that back!"

"Shut up!" I yelled. "From the top, okay?"

"Starr, I'm hungry. Can you order pizza?" Oliver whined.

"Starve." I smiled. "High hopes, got it?"

Mara started, then Griffin and soon Oliver.

Song- high hopes by yours truly

"You got the nerve to come and say
That you're not standing in my way
When we both know
That you're not who you say you are
And you're a mess
And you know it
Even though you try real hard
Still show it
Still show it."

I ran my fingers through my hair feeling the song. I looked over at Mara who nodded her head as she looked down at her instrument.

"You can't take it back
With all I tried
All I knows that
You can't shape me

I've been up and I've been down
And I was kinda hoping
You could be my hero
Well I've had high hopes up til now
And I was kinda hoping
You could be my hero

Are we ok? We alright?
Heard you've been having sleepless nights
Now I know that
We can't go back
Back to how things used to be
Seasons still change
But you'll still be the same

You can't take it back
With all I tried
All I knows that
You can't shape me."

I looked over at Oliver, who smiled at me.

"I've been up and I've been down
And I was kinda hoping
You could be my hero
Well I've had high hopes up til now
And I was kinda hoping
You could be my hero
You could be my hero."

I took the mic off it's stand. I made my way over to Oliver and ruffled his hair.

"Seasons still change
But you'll still be the same
You'll be the same

You can't take it back
With all I've tried
And I know that
You can't shape me

I've been up and I've been down
And I was kinda hoping
You could be my hero
Well I've had high hopes up til now
And now I've realised
You'll never be my hero
Never be my hero

You'll never be my hero"

"It's not like Griffin actually like cares right?" Mara asked as we ate the pizza Oliver ordered. We finally called it a day after hours of practicing and eating.

"No, I think you're good." I answered.

Even though I was busy talking Mara I couldn't stop thing about the guys and their unfinished business. Alex said they'd be gone after. Half of me didn't want them to leave and the other half wanted to pretend like Luke and the guys never existed. I was feeling a bunch of complex emotions.

"Starr!" Mara yelled into my ear.

"Yeah, sorry. What did you say?"

She sighed. "Never mind, just me ranting again. Are you okay? You seem off."

"Just a bit tired." I lied.

"Well, you sounded great during rehearsals." She smiled.

"Thanks, and you killed it as always." I returned the compliment.

"I know." She shrugged. "Seriously though are you still having boy troubles?"

I dryly laughed. "You know me so well."

"Did you talk to him?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"And?"

"I got rejected. The one time I shoot my shot and it's with someone I can't have. Anyways, I feel guilty now. I said some mean things."

"I know this is gonna sound crazy but just talk to him." She laughed. "I know it's what got you into that mess the first time but it's worth a shot."

"I think I'm done taking shots. I'm bad at basketball, you know?"

"I do know, you didn't even make it past the first day at tryouts." Mara raised her eyebrows. I laughed. "Seriously, Starr, you're pretty, funny, and you have an... interesting personality. He'd be dumb if he didn't like you back."

"Thanks Mara." I smiled. "And I'll have you know I have an amazing personality. Anyone that doesn't get it is boring."

"Now that sounds more like Starr."

Hey guys I'm back sorry for taking so long to update. I was gonna do it yesterday but I fell asleep and I was kinda busy today because my teachers just love to assign everything on Fridays. Anyways hope you had a great day and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!