2

A new day is exactly what I need to get over what I saw yesterday. Or what I didn't see, maybe it was all a dream. But as soon as I walked out of my house I saw them. Just pretend their not there, Starr.

"Who's that?" The blonde asked.

"Neighbor, duh."

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Just unlock the garage and wait for the band. They should be here any minute. It was almost if I manifested it because I heard her footsteps.

"Hey, Starr." Mara chimed. She was always a morning person and I never understood it.

"Hey, Mara. Can you get my bag? I left it in my room. I wanna get this down as soon as we can."

"Yeah sure."

I didn't mean to listen but I could hear the ghost boys, Julie and what I think is Flynn. I could hear her talk about not giving up on music. I'm proud of her as long as she stays out my music dreams. After what felt like years the band was here and rehearsing. We were finally getting it down. Then my voice became shaky. They were here. The ghost boys. Ugh, why're they so attractive.

"They're pretty good." The one with a blue sweater said.

I stopped singing. "Hey, how about we take five?" I asked.

My band looked at each other. "I'm sorry. Did you just ask if we want a break?" Griffin laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up, take a break, be grateful."

"Now that sounds like Starr." Mara smiled.

I shook my head and laughed. "Hey Oliver can you help Mara fix her bass, it's a little pitchy."

I grabbed my hair and pulled it into a low messy bun.

"She's kinda pretty."

Wow, what a backwards compliment. I adjusted some lyrics on my paper. One of them leaned over looking at my paper. Don't freak out, Starr. It's not like you haven't let anyone seen your lyrics.

"She's a good writer too." The blue sweater said.

Yeah, nope I can't do this. I slammed my notebook shut.

"Hey, tell them we're rehearsing at before the rally. Don't be late. I have to start heading to school." I told Oliver.

"Yeah, got it. Do you want me to lock up when we're done."

"Yes, please. Thanks Oliver, I owe you one." I thanked him.

He smiled. "How about a date? This weekend?"

"This is getting interesting." Leather jacket ghost boy smiled.

"Thanks but uhm, I'm gonna busy for a while. You the band and stuff."

"Yikes, someone got rejected."

How do you expect me to have a serious face when I can hear their comments. I bit my lip from laughing.

"Yeah, that's okay. What about like coffee or something?"

I sighed. "Oliver, I'm gonna be honest... I don't like you like that. I don't really like you, period. You're just a really good bass player."

"That one definitely hurt." Leather jacket stated.

"Yeah, that was hard to watch." The blonde one added.

I accidentally laughed. Oh god, I'm an awful person.

"Are you laughing at me?" Oliver furrowed his eyebrows.

"No." I smiled wide. Oliver shook his head. "I swear I'm not."

He put the bass down. "There's something wrong with you, Starr."

I laughed as he walked away. "I know."

-

We sat at on the stage waiting till Carrie's band of freaks were done. Julie, Flynn walked in then the boys appeared. Don't let it freak you out, Starr.

"Thank you, Dirty Candy. Next up we have, Starr Revival."

The stage lights turned on. I looked at Mara. She played her bass.

*cue What the hell by Avril Lavigne*
"You say that I'm messing with your head
All 'cause I was making out with your friend
Love hurts whether it's right or wrong
I can't stop 'cause I'm having too much fun

You're on your knees
Begging, Please
Stay with me
But honestly
I just need to be
A little crazy

All my life I've been good
But now
I'm thinking, what the hell?
All I want is to mess around
And I don't really care about

If you love me
If you hate me
You can't save me
Baby, baby
All my life I've been good
But now
What the hell?"

I looked out into the crowd as people chanted Starr Revival. The words coming out of their mouths gave me serotonin. Then my eyes met with the ghost boys. They were talking about me.

"So what if I go out on a million dates?
You never call or listen to me anyway
I'd rather rage than sit around and wait all day
Don't get me wrong, I just need some time to play"

The one with the beanie leaned towards Julie. I don't know why but I can't help but care?

"You're on your knees
Begging, please
Stay with me
But honestly
I just need to be
A little crazy

All my life I've been good,
But now
I'm thinking, what the hell?
All I want is to mess around
And I don't really care about

If you love me
If you hate me
You can't save me
Baby, baby
All my life I've been good
But now
What the hell?
La, la, la, la, la, la"

I stopped. Mara caught my signal and stopped as well. I looked at Griffin, who stared waiting me my cues.

"That was our new song called what the hell!" Mara spoke into her mic. "Hope you enjoyed, uh, go bobcats!"

I quickly set my mic down and walked off stage. I ran to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Did I just freeze, on stage? I brought my hands to my head and backed up against the wall. What's happening to me? I don't just freeze up. I blinked away the tears that threatened to go down my face. I took a deep breath and walked back to the gym where I heard singing.

"Apparently she has a band." Mara looked at me as I watched Julie and the ghost boys perform.

I furrowed my eyebrows. The worst part is that they're actually good.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm gonna try to update daily but if I can't I apologize in advance. Also I'm am gonna add like a bunch more things like face claims, aesthetics and playlists to go with the story but I don't know when I'll have time to do that so bare with me.