12

I waited for Julie and the phantoms to start. I stood near the back. I will admit I was interested in what was about to happen.

"Hey," Nick, Carrie's boyfriend smiled.

"Hey." I smiled back.

"I can't wait to see them perform."

"Yeah, they're good." I sighed disappointed.

"I mean you guys are good too-"

"Nick, it's okay. You don't have to boost my ego." I joked.

He chuckled. "You guys are good though."

"Thanks." I furrowed my eyebrows. "I didn't think you'd be into my type of music."

He laughed and shrugged. "Yeah, me neither."

"Hey." Carrie came over. She gave me a look and I smiled at her.

"What're you doing here?" Nick asked her.

"Julie's one of my oldest friends. I'm sure she just forgot to invite me."

"Yeah, right." I laughed as she shot me a glare. I mean technically Julie didn't invite me either but she didn't need to know that. Wait, why didn't Julie invite me? I mean, the threat I might've given her might explain it. Okay, you know what that's fair.

"Look, we're not getting back together, Carrie."

Carrie scoffed. "I heard that before."

Oh shit. I really shouldn't be listening but this is kinda entertaining. Plus, we've all gotten a glimpse of their drama so it's nothing new.

"Something doesn't add up about those holograms." Carrie may look dumb but she was definitely right about those 'holograms.' "I wouldn't trust her, if I were you."

Just then Flynn started talking into her mic. I guess the shows about to begin. Some kids opened the doors to Julie's garage. Julie sat at her piano.

"Thanks for coming, everyone."

Julie began singing and then the guys were there. I noticed something was off but I didn't know what. It was a look in Luke's eyes as he glanced at Julie. I rolled my eyes and looked at Carrie. Her arms were crossed. She looked like she was having the worst time of her life while Nick danced next to her. For the first time ever I actually felt bad for her. But just for a second till I realized what an awful person she is. Anyways, Luke started singing while Julie jammed out with Reggie and Alex. I could tell it was bothering him.

I noticed when he motioned for her to come over but she ignored him. I internally smiled. I obviously didn't like seeing him hurt but maybe it's give me chance with him. But obviously I was wrong. Not soon after Julie and Luke were at the piano. They were inches away from each other. And I wasn't the only one who sensed the tension. Nick had stopped dancing and watched them. Looks like we're on the same boat.

I sat on my porch ripping out the pages of my notebook. The ones that had Luke's name on them. I didn't cry, I had to be strong. There was no way I was gonna let myself cry over this.

"Hey." Luke smiled as he walked closer to me. "What's wrong?"

He must've noticed the ripped pages in my hands. I stood up and shoved them at him.

"It's your song." I muttered.

"My song?" He asked.

"The one I wrote."

"What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" I laughed. "Luke, I don't know if you're just blind or you don't care. I like you!"

"I know, Starr."

"Great, so you just don't feel the same way."

"I- I don't know." He stuttered. I nodded. "It's  just the band, you know?"

"Right, the band." I smiled. "Because who cares about Starr. Your band is the only thing that matters to you."

"Starr-"

"No, you're right. I should be focused on my band too. And you know what we deserve to blow up a lot more than you." I crossed my arms finally letting go of the way I felt.

"How's that fair?"

"We've been working a lot harder than you and for a longer time. You just came out of nowhere and started your band in like a day. You've gotten more likes and followers than Starr Rivival. Tell me how that's fair Luke? Please, do tell."

"I don't even know what that means!" He exclaimed. "You're just saying this because you're mad."

"I am mad! You're right. I hate that you look at Julie that way because I want you to look at me that way. You know what?" I sighed. "Just forget it."

"Forget this argument?"

"Forget me. Don't talk to me anymore, okay?"

"Starr."

"Bye Luke."

"Starr, it's not just the band." He sighed. "I'm dead."

My eyes watered. "I know."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Be alive." I could feel the tears stroll down my face.

He smiled as his eyes began watering. "I can't do that, I'm sorry."

"I know." I wiped my tears and smiled. "Bye Luke."

He shook his head. "Starr."

I ignored him as I walked back to my house. I quickly headed to my room before anyone could see me. I laid face down on my bed and let my sheets absorb my tears. I hate my life.

I'm back and I'm gonna start posting more often because we're almost finished with is book. I'm kinda sad because this is what distracts me from doing my homework lol. So I'm gonna start a new book im thinking of making a book based off the society from Netflix or the 100 but I don't know yet, let me know if you guys would even read that. Anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter even though they fought. You can't blame me tho I had to add a little spice.