Chapter 2

Chapter 2~

I woke up confused as to where I was. After rubbing my eyes & waking up a little I came to the realization I was at Princeton's house. I must have really been tired because I didn't even remember coming here. I didn't even remember driving home to be honest.

"Morning, sunshine", Princeton said to me with a huge, gorgeous grin. I must say my best friend was pretty handsome.

I cringed & hid under the covers as he opened the blinds letting in all the light. If you know how it feels to just wake up & have the sunlight basically burn your eyes, then you know it's not the best feeling in the world.

"Prince, close that blind! It burns!" I yelled, hiding from it. He cracked the blinds letting a good amount of sunlight come in; not too much & not too little.

Reaching for my glasses on his night stand I started to wake up. I put my glasses on, a pair of shorts that Prince gave me to use, & then I was off to downstairs where it smelt like something delicious was being made.

I walked in the kitchen to see Ms. Teresa cooking away a storm. I saw a plate full of bacon, blueberry waffles, a pillsberry biscuit, & 2 sausages that had my name written all over it.

"Morning Ms. T" I said kissing her cheek. Ms. Teresa was like another mom for me & vice versa with Jacob & my parents. Just like him & I, our parents were pretty close as well.

"Morning sweetheart. You're plate is right-" Before she could finish the sentence I grabbed the plate I was eyeing, said thank you, & made my way to the dinner table.

"Where's Princeton?", Ms. T asked.

" I dunno. He's upstairs doing something in his room." I replied, munching away.

"Princeton! Ben a qui [come here]! The food is ready!", Ms. Teresa yelled upstairs. I remember I used to get aggravated when they spoke in Spanish when I first met them because I understood squat of what they were saying, but now I'm used to it. What's sad is, after 10 years, you'd think I'd be at least a little fluent in Spanish. False. I still can't really speak & understand it. Except for the basic or every day phrases/words & bad stuff (what? I told Princeton it'd be a good idea to learn so if anyone were to say something bad about me I'd understand what they were saying), Spanish isn't something I speak fluently.

Finally, Princeton made it down to the dining room table & we all sat, ate, & talked.

"So Annmarie", Ms. T said my name in her semi Latina accent, "how are things with school?"

"Good ..." I answered back. In reality I pretty much hate my school. Yes, I have a 4.0 GPA & I'm into different extra curricular stuff, but my school isn't the best place to go to.

"That's good ... Do you have a boyfriend?"

After Jacob choking on his food & my eyes widening, it was pretty obvious neither one of us was ready for that question.

"Ma ....", Princeton gave his mom a look.

-Princeton's POV-

Did my mom really just ask if she had a boyfriend? What type of question is that?!

"Are you guys okay?", she asked laughing at our reactions. I think it was pretty obvious both of us wasn't ready to hear it. Yeah it may sound weird that I choked on my food when Anny was asked if she had a boyfriend, but she's my best friend. She doesn't have one .... I think. I'm pretty sure she doesn't want one & even she did have one she would tell me. Right?

Smiling Annmarie simply said, "No Ms. T. I do not have a boyfriend."

"How come? You're such a beautiful young lady & you're really smart. Plus you're unique.", my mom said. She wasn't lying when she said those things either. Anny really is beautiful, smart, & unique.