Chapter Eighteen

We made it to the tavern and Elizabeth ran outside, noticing us. She gave me a look which I rolled my eyes at. Ban didn't seem to notice and just walked inside.

"You were gone for so long I thought something happened, now I can see that it did. Tell me everything." I laughed at my best friend and sat down on the grass. She walked over and sat right next to me.

"Nothing happened." She gave me a look telling me she disagreed. "Elizabeth! Seriously! Nothing happened." I heard the tavern door softly slam closed and Meliodas walked over to us. He had a mug in his hand that was overfilling slightly with foam. He sat down next to us and looked at us curiously.

"What are we talking about." I could tell Elizabeth was about to tell him some story she made up and it was going to be completely embarrassing. Meliodas was about to take a sip of his drink but I took it out of his hand and took a big gulp. He looked at me a little more concerned than before and looked back over to Elizabeth.

"She just got back from being with Ban, alone, for hours." I took another drink from the cup when they both looked over at me with smirks.

"How do you know we were alone?" I took another big gulp, knowing I will be regretting that question momentarily.

"Because your face was bright pink!" And there it is. I blushed slightly but covered it by drinking from the mug. I drained the rest of it into my mouth.

"Well look at that. It's empty. I'll be right back. I walked inside completely ignoring everyone and walking straight towards the bar grabbing a few bottles off the shelf and returning to the two outside. When I got back, I could tell they were theorizing during the short time I was away. I rolled my eyes and poured myself a drink.

"Do you think they-"

"Elizabeth, I swear to god, don't even finish that sentence." I walked over to them and she smiled at me but I could tell she didn't feel sorry at all.

"So where did you go, Selene?" Meliodas asked me casually.

"I just went to the waterfall in the forest." I took a sip when I saw a mischievous grin spread across Elizabeth's face.

"Your hair looks nice and you aren't covered in dirt anymore, did you take a shower out there?" Elizabeth asked innocently but I could tell she thought she was onto something. I rolled my eyes and drank from my cup.

"Now that you mention it Elizabeth, Ban's hair looked nice and clean too." Meliodas said with a grin on his face. I blushed and kept drinking. I sent them a glare then rolled my eyes. I threw an empty bottle at his head and he effortlessly dodged.

"Stop it you two. You're like children. Yes, I showered but Ban didn't show up until a little while later."

"Well you were out there for a long time and your hair is completely dry. So how long were you out there alone with Ban?"

"I don't know, a few hours?" I realized after speaking what a big mistake I just made.

"Wow, Elizabeth, do you hear this? They were out there together for 'a few hours'. What do you think happened?" I finished my cup and poured myself another completely ignoring them. Once I finished two more cups, I fell back dramatically from my sitting position. My cheeks were pink but it wasn't from whatever the two gossips were talking about.

"The stars are beautiful tonight, I wonder if they looked at them together?" Elizabeth said and giggled immediately after.

"Did you guys look at the stars, Selene?" Meliodas teased me and I rolled my eyes.

"You two are... ridiculous." I slurred slightly and ignored the question by taking another big sip from the mug.

"They did!" I glared at Elizabeth but she sent me an innocent smile. I got up and stumbled over to Diane who was napping outside.