Acquaintances

(song---Naruto Opening 3: Turning Sadness into Kindness

with English lyrics in video )

Chapter 57 - Acquaintances

Esunea

Upon the simplest touch, the inky darkness was drawn to me like a vacume. It flowed in waves, thickly coating my arm in a black, but see-through chakra up to the elbow. At that point in time, it began to enter my chakra system.

I was overwelmed by the amount of power the Riubi held as the black chakra continued to squeeze itself into my small frame. I felt as if I would burst trying to contain it all, but it continued to conpact and become thicker in order to meet its new occupancy. 

The ice wolf himself had given up trying to raise to his feet because with each wave of chakra I absorbed, he became substantially weaker. He laid in a pile, his chest wheezing and skin tightening over his bones as if he was starving. The wolf didn't even look like he had the power to talk, or else he would probably give me lip for taking his chakra. A groan escaped his jaws as I took the last whisps of the inky darkness in, leaving him completely drained in the process.

"You.....you won't get away with this......" Riubi heaved with exhaustion, determined to get to his feet.

He rolled to his side and used his front paws to scrable back upright on the ice followed by his hind feet. It looked like he was going to fight me again until his wavering legs gave out on him. Riubi slipped to his stomach, causing the ground to rumble from his weight. When the tremors stopped, he was still on the ice. He'd given up.

"You've taken my power," The wolf grumbled angerly, "There's no reason for you to hang around and watch me, so go away." he ordered through narrowed eyes, trying to will me to go.

It was obvious that he was trying to get me to leave so he could gather his power once again and fight me once more. That's why I stood firm. "I wish I could say I trust you," I began as the new power I held surged through my system. "However, with your record so far, I think I'm going to stay on the safe side."

I extended my right arm towards him and at will, chains  burst from underneath the ice and snow. The cuffs at each of the ends closed around his feet, neck, and tails, drawing in the slack at the end. The chains ensured that he wasn't even able to move a foot from his position.

Surprisingly, Riubi didn't look angry but just more exhausted. "I'm not taking back what I said about you." He told me as if he was trying to make a point.

"No one can reverse the hands of time." I replied without looking over my shoulder as I walked away from him.

I thought of leaving this snow world and everything was washed away to white. 

A bed. That was what I felt underneath my body. There was also a thin sheet of a white blanket overtop. The sun on my eyelids were bright, suggesting that I'd been put in a medic ward. I opened my eyes only to flinch at the brilliance.