Preparing for Battle

(song---- Totsugeki rock Naruto Shippuden opening 11)

Ch13 - Preparing for battle

The next morning on the second day of our mission, we woke up and stayed where we were. The campfire last night was sure to draw whatever was in the forest towards us. With my ability to sense chakra from miles away, we didn't have to budge a muscle until they entered my range. Sitting around became boring though, and Keita begged me to move us a little farther in.

The only reason why I agreed was because we would need an easy and accesable water source. We could go for a couple days without water, but any longer and we'd dehydrate ourselves to death. Moving to the river that ran through the forest seemed the best thing to do. Packing up all out gear, we went in a few more miles.

We set camp up not too far away from the river. Around the fast moving water, there was a clearing. We'd be easy prey if something spotted us out there. Staying back within the brush and hiding was better. My campfire plan was down the drain, but eventually everyone has to come to water to drink. I figured we'd run into them if we waited here. Although how long it would take, I didn't know. We only had a week's worth of rations on us.

The second day proved to be fruitless in our search as well. Jun took the first watch, while Keita and I slept on opposite sides of the new campfire we had built.

-----------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, during the time that Esunea was still recovering.

Forth Great Ninja War.

Conference room of the five Kage.

"The joint shinobi army has now regrouped and awaiting orders, Raikage." one of the intel officers said.

It had taken one whole day for them to get back together again. The army had gathered near the place the reinforcements for Naruto and Bee had stopped after learning the new orders.

"Tell them to seperate themselves into two groups, the ones that will enter the Forbidden Forest, and the ones that won't. We don't have time to select them individually." Raikage thundered at the head of the table."Garra and Tsunade will have to do with what they get."

The two Kage who had agreed on leading the second force sat silently at their spots at the table, fully understanding the circumstances they were in.

It took more time for the groups to get themselves together. When they had finished it had taken more than half the day away. The group that was staying was much larger than those who were going. Most of the shinobi from the Earth Nation had refused to take a step into the forest, just like the Tsuchikage had predicted. There were some however, that had agreed.

There were an equal number from the Wind and Lightning Nations and more than half of the Fire Nation's population were going. Together, these forces would move to the Forbidden Forest to hunt down the White Zetsu and confirm the fake Madara's position. Later those of the Water Nation who would join would reinforce the current force and allow those with injuries to retreat behind The Boundary.

When the White Zetsu were defeated and Madara's position was identified the force would hold their position. Naruto and Bee would join up with them after taking care of the bijuu. The first part of the army that had stayed behind to help them would hold their positions and guard the bijuu. The second part of the army along with Naruto and Bee would attack the fake Madara and defeat him. This was the plan that Shikaku had laid out while the army had been regrouping.