The War on the Other Side of the World

(song----Toumei Datta Sekai Naruto Shippuden opening 7)

Ch11 - The War on the Other Side of the World

The joined shinobi army.

Fourth Great Ninja War.

Sometime after the Edo Tensei jutsu is released.

"What's the situation on the fake Madara and the White Zetsu?" Tsunade demands, storming back into the conference room.

All the Kage have managed to return safetly back, but not without injuries. Even in her injured state, the slug princess continues to try to do her duties as Hokage of the Hidden Leaf Village in the Fire Nation. She's slowly followed by Oonoki, the Hidden Rock Village's Tsuchikage. Garra of the sand enters in and although he is injured he has surpressed all the signs that he's in pain. The thundering Raikage enters last.

Surprised by their sudden return, the intelegence team jumps into action double time. Not much time passes before an answer is provided.

"The Edo Tensei has ended all over the battle field. The White Zetsu are retreating to the West, burrowing underground to escape our foot soldiers. They've managed to get to the Fire Nation...." an information officer began to report, but he was inturrupted by Tsunade.

"What!? They've managed to infultrate into the Fire Nation!?!?!" She yells, slamming her hands down on the large desk.

"Yes. However, it doesn't seem like they mean to stop." the intel officer said nervously.

"Is that so?" She asks, her voice slightly angerly but not out of control.

"Yes. They've been traveling along the outer edge of the nation to escape the eyes of the patrol units." The man answers, gulping.

"It sounds like a retreat." Shikaku Nara, Shikumaru's father, added in."Can you show me where they are on the board?"

"Certainly." The intel officer moves toward the world map of the known shinobi world.

The map lights up, and figures appear. They represent the current position the White Zetsu are at. Every so many minutes the pieces move, indicating they're still on the run.

"And what of the fake Madara?" Shikaku asks.

"There's been no report of where he went. As soon as he lost control of the Bijuu, he abandoned them. Vanishing into thin are like he always does." the intel officer reports.

"I see...." the tactical planner hums.

"What do you think he's up to?" Tsunade asks him as he's deep in thought.

"He probably plans to regroup. With the Edo Tensei jutsu gone, he has to re-work his stratedgy. The bijuu are no longer on his side either, weakening him even more." Shikaku sighs."If I was in his position, I'd want to get as far away from the joint shinobi army as I can."

"What does that mean?" Garra asks coldly.

He hides his true feelings, but he knows if the White Zetsu continue West there is a possibility of them invading the Wind or the Earth Nations. With most of the shinobi from both nations with the joint army in the far North East, they'd never make it in time back. Countless innocents would die.

"He seems to be making a bee-line to the West. The White Zetsu are traveling in a straight path." Shikaku explains, a solid black line appearing from behind the figurines on the map. It marks the current path they have traveld."If they continue..." a dotted black line appears in front of the figurines, heading West in a straight line."...they'll go through the Hidden Grass first, pass through the Hidden Rain, cut quickly into the Hidden Stone, and straight through the top Northern part of the Wind Nation."