I shook my head and leaned back against the wall, arms still crossed. "Tell me grandpa's stories."

He looked at me for a moment before sitting down on his chair and motioning me to sit. "You're going to want to sit down."

I look at him skeptically before plopping down on the chair across his desk.

"Since the day I was old enough to walk my father would tell me stories of our ancestors. Of course, I thought they were just that, stories. Something to keep me amused for a while. It wasn't until I was in my teens that he began to insist I take it seriously." He shook his head as regret took over his features "I should've taken him seriously." He whispered.

"And when did you?" I prompt as I cross my legs.

"When your eyes opened and the ground literally quaked." He answered, a sad look in his eyes. "That was the part of the story that always intrigued me. It was the part where "The Flame" was born."

"The Flame?" My interest peaked. "A vampire mentioned something about me being The Flame. What does it mean?"

"Yes." He nods "With the arrival of The Flame the skies will roar. When the ground shakes, the end begins." He quotes "The day you were born put the fear of Goddess into me. From that moment on, your grandfather and I did everything we could to try to save you from your fate. We practically turned the planet upside down looking for answers. We failed you... I failed you."

"Save me from what dad? What is going to happen to me?"

"Two years before those things attacked us... your grandfather and I followed a lead. We thought it was the missing piece we needed to finally find the Oasis. We were about to enter a cave when we were attacked."

"Attacked by who?" I ask.

He shakes his head "That's the thing. I can't remember. Every time I try to think about it I come up blank. Everything about that night is erased. Including your grandfather. After that night... I never saw him again."

"He died." I whisper as I bow my head. "If you had been honest about what you were doing then you could have taken some warriors with you. Instead you chose to keep it a secret that resulted in him dying." A fire festered in the pit of my stomach, oozing into my veins like a virus. "This insane obsession you've carried for my entire life and for what? At the end of the day you all died and I was left alone. My entire family wiped out in the blink of an eye. My home? Destroyed." I come to stand and back away from him.

"I rebuilt the Ember Pack from the ground up. Constantly under attack by werewolves and vampires alike. Do you have any idea what I've been through in the last twenty four hours alone? I've been shot straight through the chest and killed by a bloodsucker that I've come to find out I am related to. I died and met the father of said bloodsucker who I am told is the greatest evil to walk the Earth. Oh and surprise surprise I'm related to him too. I've had a hell of a day and I'm tired of story time. So let's cut to the chase and tell me what I need to do to end this mess and get back to my life." I spit out anger coursing through my veins.

He stares at me for a moment, analyzing me "You're right. This is all my fault and I'm sorry."

"I don't have time for this dad. I have responsibilities and things that I need to take care of. What is the importance of this crystal and what does it have to do with me?"

He clears his throat and nods "How much time has passed in your world?"

"Three wonderful years." I say through gritted teeth.

"And the day?"

"September 20th. Why?"

His face paled "The blood moon is in three days."