Chapter Twenty One

(A/N: Fair warning, several new characters are being introduced therefore there are a few aesthetics in this chapter. Please envision them however you choose but use your imagination as I couldn't find images with exactly the same shade of blue eyes or black hair for them all. Proceed...)

~Three Hundred Years Ago~ (Rose's POV)

The harsh wind blows through the cold dark forest as I tighten my hold on the Grimoire. Digging my heel into the horse's side, I make him double in speed.

The pale glow of the full moon above is the only light in an otherwise dark sky. My pounding heart matches the rhythm of each gallop as I race home to Witches Cove. The small pendant with the Umbridge family crest around my neck taps against my chest as I nudge the horse once more to pick up speed. The twelve covens from all over the world are gathering tonight to face this great evil together. Word has spread of this creature's terrible ruthlessness. He will stop at nothing until he becomes the most powerful creature on Earth. A feat he cannot accomplish so long as we live.

"Rose, come you must hurry. Everyone has arrived." Says my younger sister Asha as she aids me in dismounting. Her curly black hair framing her face, blue eyes wide with urgency. The same shade of blue passed down through generations of Umbridge witches. A unique family trait.

I smooth out my black laced bodice gown and make sure my black curls are perfectly ringed

I smooth out my black laced bodice gown and make sure my black curls are perfectly ringed. As we march towards our castle, the black waves crashing gently onto the shore of the bay. Taking a steadying breath to calm my racing heart, I push open the double doors.

The chatter dies down as we enter the room. All twelve covens are standing in a circle that takes up the entire room. In the center of the room stands the altar with an Athame -black-handled dagger- and a golden chalice. Unlit candles lined the base of the altar as well as all over the room and on the chandelier. The red satin curtains that adorned the windows were branded with our family crest -a pentacle with a crescent moon in the center.-

My eldest sister and High Priestess -leader- of The Nightshadow Coven, Naya, stood authoritatively beside the altar in her deep purple gown with her arms crossed as she waited for us to join her.