san ju yon

"Can you hear me?" Hoseok's voice was mellow and felt as if it was coming from a faraway and empty place

"Can you hear me?" Hoseok's voice was mellow and felt as if it was coming from a faraway and empty place. It took a few moments for Jungkook to adjust to the light before he gave a slow nod. "Good!" Hoseok smiled brightly at him and took a step back, disappearing from his vision. Jungkook blinked a few times, his head empty and light.

He got up, his muscles crushing and pulling, and everything was dizzy a bit. Then Namjoon quickly held him and he sat on the hospital bed, trying to collect himself. It was indeed a hospital. He was in a room with an IV drip attached to him, the indigo curtains were drawn thus he couldn't tell if it was day or night. The other boys were clustered around in the room with him and they stood up but didn't crowd around him.

"Hey," Jimin acknowledged Jungkook first, his voice meek like always, his face a bit pale.

"We were really worried for you," Taehyung said from beside Jimin, his face blank but Jungkook couldn't wipe his aghast expression from the time before.

"You slept only for an hour. You should rest more," Namjoon spoke softly standing close to Jungkook. But Jungkook's eyes were down to his body, a blanket atop him, pajamas, hospital attire, he was clothed, oh thank god.

What really caught his eyes were his hands, they were cadevorous, callous, and filled with scratch marks, his nails were chipped, and ashen, skin so morbidly pale that it didn't feel like he was looking at his own hands. He blinked and stared again.

He did this to himself.

"Jungkook, it's okay. Your health will recover. You're slightly malnutritioned," Jin voiced out, sounding concerned.

"Why did you guys come to get me?" He spoke, his voice hoarse and dry, as if the each syllable were making a cut inside his throat.

Jin's eyes widened in surprise. Jungkook looked around to see the same on everyone. Even Yoongi who never showed much on his face stared at him quizzically.

"I ought to smack some sense onto you," Hoseok clicked his tongue in annoyance, breaking the silent. "Of course, we would come for you. We couldn't just leave it to the police."

Jungkook couldn't believe before that they'd send help. Yet they came themselves.

"Talking about the police, he might have to speak to the officers outside soon," Taehyung made his presence known with his gravelly voice. Jungkook's stomach twisted in trepidation.

He really was half buried, deeply in some quicksand.

Not one place was safe.

"They can come later." Jin let out a small huff of sigh. "Do you guys remember, a year ago when Jimin got admitted to the hospital?"

"Yeah, I came to pick him up. He was there too." Namjoon was still standing by Jungkook as he patted a hand on his shoulder. Jungkook did remember.