ichi

JIMIN did not know what he was doing

His clammy hands first hovered around the white door then to the button beside it but he could not decide if he should knock or press and it had already been a few minutes from what he could recall.

His duffel bag and luggage were standing by his side in neglect. It was his first time in Seoul, first time being miles away from home, actually first time away from home.

And he was already asking himself if this was all a mistake.

Because the fine dust in the air, the traffic on the road and the scorching sun on his back as he struggled to move his baggage up the steep road all the way to the bulletproof boy scout housing for students made him regret his choices.

Even the name of the dorm left a bad taste on his mouth, reminded him of his rover scout days when he was a kid and he would never, ever want to go back there.

The white door abruptly opened up to Jimin's face while his small hand was still hung up in the air midway to reveal a boy with a taller height, a good few inches taller clad in a dark hoodie and black fringes covering his forehead staring down on Jimin with dead eyes.

"Please come in," the tall lad said without any further questions. And Jimin felt his throat going dry, sweat already forming into pearl like beads under his bangs.

"Park Jimin, right? First year in sociology?" The tall boy said with a charming smile moving away from the front door. "The landlord told us you were moving in today. I am Jin. Kim Seokjin."

Jimin did not get a chance to introduce himself even though he had already replayed it a few times in his mind, albeit it all went down the drain Jimin was kind of glad the boy had done the deed on his behalf.

The bags were heavy and Jimin struggled again to get inside. And then he was met with the taller one- Jin's broad shoulders as he followed him inside.

"Please keep your shoes here in the locker," Seokjin instructed Jimin as the shorter one almost stumbled to get out of his blue, worn out converses but he did so anyway.

And only then does Jimin realize there was a security cam attached to the side of the front door. His heart sank a little when he understood the reason behind Jin opening the door even without him making any sound.

Jin was probably watching him fidget around behind the door in the footage. Jimin's ears turned hot, first day and he had already made a fool out of himself which he promised he would never do.

So he tried to make up for it, even though it was hard. "T-this must be the shared space?" it was hard for him to speak to someone he did not know properly.

"Yes, it is. There's the kitchen," Jin pointed to the space to the further back with only a table separating it from the living room. "There's a stove, an oven and a refrigerator but you have to be considerate as we all use them. And you have to be very clean around here."