• Chapter Twenty •

Start from the beginning

His eyes stopped at one corner of the room, his eyes narrowing as he began approaching it.

"Marc--" He was silenced as his body was restrained. Looking down, he saw that he was being restrained by a force of water before he turned his attention to the 5'2" brunette, who glared at him fiercely.

She narrowed her eyes dangerously as Victor began to struggle in her watery grasp before she slowly clenched her left hand into a fist, making the water hot to boiling point which made him writhe. There was no way that he'd chance using his powers unless he wanted to get electrocuted himself, which she wouldn't mind one bit.

After all, water and metal were good conductors of electricity.

As Victor writhed against the boiling water he was blasted by several flocks of blue forces, each one getting more severe as the invisible being neared him.

During it all, he shot his hand outward managed to grasp onto something only to find that he held onto Susan's neck, the blonde groaning as she slowly began to turn visible once again.

She grabbed onto his hand, gasping and choking as he leaned towards her. "Did you say goodbye to your brother Johnny?" He asked, loud enough for Kayla to hear as he knew the younger Storm sibling was a soft spot for the brunette.

Kayla's eyes widened and her powers faltered just enough for Victor to turn and throw Susan into her, both women landing next to Reed who was still seated in his chair.

The brunette let out a shakey breath before she met the pained and sorrowful gazes of her brother and the older Storm sibling.

"It's time to end this." Victor announced, readying himself to finish both women off before he got started on Reed but before he could strike, a loud crash sounded from behind him with plaster and debris flying past him.

He turned around, shock entering his body as he stared at Ben Grimm who had turned back into his rocky self.

"No, Vic." Ben said with a growl and a roll of his shoulders. "It's clobbering time!"

Victor's eyes widened and before he knew it, he was flying across the room with pain erupting in his stomach area before he felt his body hit the large silver 'V' on the wall, denting it in the process. Before the masked man could get himself up off the floor, the entire thing tumbled from the wall and fell on him.

"Damn, I've been waiting to do that." The rocky man said with a satisfied grin before his eyes landed on the two women, who looked back at him with a smile.

"Susie!" He exclaimed, making his way over. "And Kayla, you're alright!" He said in relief as he helped them up.

Kayla mustered up a small grin and gave a light shrug. "Can't get rid of me that easily." She said and watched as Ben moved towards her brother.

"Victor ain't that bad, huh? He's just a little larger than life, right?" Ben questioned the frozen scientist as he ripped the cords of the canister that were connected to the chair as the women began untying the restraints. "Maybe next time you'll start listening to Kayla and I before.."

He trailed off as the lights in the room went out completely. Silence ensued before both Kayla and Susan heard fast approaching footsteps.

"Ben!" Susan yelled but it was too late as the dark figure grabbed the rocky male and threw them both out of the window.

Kayla ran towards the shattered window and looked down to find both Ben and Victor fighting in mid-air before they crashed into the neighbouring building, plummeting into the pool.

She turned around and ran over to Reed and Susan. "Come on.." She said and helped the blonde with her brother.

" She said and helped the blonde with her brother