• Chapter Eighteen •

Susan entered the loft in a state of panic before he eyes landed on an unconscious and human Ben. "Oh my God.." She mumbled and ran up to him. "Ben? Ben!" She called and pressed her fingers to his neck to feel for a pulse.

She let out a breath of relief when she felt his pulse still going strong but let out a smile as she finally took notice that he was normal again.

"Sue?!" The voice of her little brother called out upon entry into the loft.

"Johnny, the machine worked!" She called out to him as she watched him rush over. "Give me a hand!"

As Johnny rushed over towards his sister, he couldn't help but have a horrible feeling wash over his being. He didn't know what it was yet but he sure as hell didn't like it.

He arrived beside Ben and his sister, instantly grabbing hold of one of the big guy's arms while Susan took the other before they pulled him up, earning a groan of pain which meant that he was coming to.

"You alright, Ben?" The playboy asked before glancing at his sister. "Put him on the step." He instructed as they slowly seated Ben down on the step.

Ben groaned as he sat down, his back reeling in pain while his entire body felt stiff.

"What happened, big guy?" He heard Johnny ask. "I leave you for five minutes.."

His blue eyes began darting around for a certain brunette. "Kayla.." He croacked. "Where is Kayla?" He asked, remembering how he had watched her get thrown into the wall with nothing but horror.

The Storm siblings glanced at each other as that horrible feeling settled over Johnny again as he stared at Ben's horrified expression. His stomach twisted and his chest tightened painfully at the thought of something happening to the love of his life.

"What do you mean, Ben?" Susan asked with fear for Kayla.

"The machine.." Ben replied. "Vic used it on himself.. He was affected by the cloud like us."

Johnny balled his hands into fists. "Where is Kayla?" He asked as this feeling began to worsen, his heart now constricting with worry as his mind began to go through endless possibilities of what could have happened to her.

The bald man shook his head. "The last thing I remember was her flying across the room.. Electricity flowing through her.."

The Storm siblings widened their eyes in shock. Anyone who got electrocuted with a high enough voltage would either end up dead or go into cardiac arrest. They'd be lucky if they make it out with serious burns.

Johnny felt sick to his stomach at the thought of her being dead. But then again, no dead person could move which meant there was a possibility that she was still alive.

'She has to be.' He thought desperately. There was no way he'd survive without her.

"Where's Reed?" The blonde woman finally managed to speak up again. She knew Reed had to have been here since she left him in his bedroom to rest and there was no way he'd let anything happen to the only family that he had left in his life.

Ben looked towards the older Storm sibling. "Vic must have taken him." He replied before turning his gaze towards the younger sibling. "He probably took Kayla too.."

And that was when he felt a cold draft in the room, his eyes following it to the source only to find a gaping hole in one of the loft's windows.

The siblings arched a brow at his shifted attention before they followed his gaze where they saw the exact same thing he had.

The siblings climbed through the large window only to find glass shards decorating the balcony floor which immediately crushed Johnny's hopes of finding Kayla there

The two frowned before they turned their blue gazes upwards towards the hole in the window and came to the conclusion that it must have been Reed who was thrown through it.

They stiffened, their bodies tensing with hate and anger and Johnny seemed to have been the worst out of him and his sister.

There will definitely be hell to pay for so much as touching Kayla.