• Chapter Fourteen •

Over the course of next couple of days, it had been interesting to say the least.

It was quite amusing to see how everyone was trying to get along and in Johnny's case, that was pranking Ben.

Today happened to be one of those days.

The blonde found the rocky male fast asleep on the couch and quitely made his way over with a can of shaving cream and a feather duster in hand. After giving the can a quiet shake, he sprayed some of the facial cream onto Ben's palm which was splayed out.

With a mischievous grin, Johnny made his way behind the couch and knelt down before he raised the duster, running the feather's along Ben's face in attempt to tickle him so that his hand, full of shaving cream, would come down on his face.

Seeing as the feather's weren't doing the trick, the playboy resorted to flipping the duster around and used the wooden handle.

This seemed to have worked much better but didn't give him the result he wanted as Ben waved it away with his other hand.

Johnny gave a soft, annoyed huff before he made one last attempt, running the handle down Ben's face.

This time, Ben's hand full of shaving cream came down on his face, making Johnny grin as he silently threw his hands up in victory before he quickly ran out of the room.

"Johnny!" Ben yelled before he quickly got up and ran after the playboy.

The blonde let out a loud laugh as he ran down the hallway before he quickly slipped into a room and shut the door behind him.

He listened, hearing heavy feet slam against the ground and past the room he had hid himself in.

All of a sudden, a cock of a gun was heard which made the blonde spin around to find Kayla staring at him with an arched brow and a gun in hand.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

Johnny stared at her in silence, his eyes trailing to the gun in her hands before meeting her hazel gaze.

'Just when I thought she couldn't get any more hotter..' He thought to himself in a dream-like state.

Kayla stepped towards him and snapped her fingers in front of his face. "Still there, Storm?" She asked.

"Huh?" He blinked out of his daze with a slight shake of his head.

The brunette eyed him suspiciously. "Can I help you?' She repeated her first question.

"Oh!" He exclaimed. "Just hiding from the big guy." He said nonchalantly.

"Oh, what did you do?" She questioned.

Johnny gave her a look of mock hurt. "Why do you always think I'm up to something?" He asked.

Kayla gave him a pointed look, giving him his answer.

"Okay, I may or may not have played a prank on the guy." Johnny said sheepishly.

The 5'2" woman rolled her eyes before she stepped back over to the table where she had initially stood before she began to empty out the bullet chamber of her gun.

"M416." Johnny noted as he walked over, his blue eyes scanning the gun. "What do you even do with this beauty, let alone where you even got it?"

"Target practice." Kayla replied, gesturing to the room they were in. "You tend to pick up new hobbies over 8 years. This is one of them. Reed, with the help of Ben, made me this sound proof room for practice when I want to let off some steam."

'A woman after my heart.' Johnny thought as he stared at her. This made Kayla all the more attractive to him than she already was.

Silence fell over the two, Johnny's eyes scanning along the room and taking note of the various guns that she had displayed along the wall.

'Definitely hot.' He thought before returning his gaze to her small, athletic frame and watched as she expertly emptied the chamber. God, how could he be such a fool to let the best thing that happened to him slip through his fingers so easily.

Before he could even stop himself, he found himself placing his hand over hers which made her hazel eyes meet his blue.

The two stared at each other before Kayla tore her gaze away and gently removed her hand from his. She silently walked over to the shelves where she placed her M416 alongside her other guns on display.

She let out a soft shakey sigh and closed her eyes as she kept her back turned towards her ex.

Johnny frowned as her watched her figure. The last thing he wanted to do was push her to the breaking point like he had when they all arrived at the Baxter Building.

Without another word, the playboy decided to give her some space and quietly left the room as Kayla turned her head, watching his retreating figure with a soft frown.

Play Date • Johnny Stormजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें