• Chapter Nineteen •

"Dr Richards, allow me to begin your lesson: Chemistry 101." She heard an almost robotic voice say as she started to come to but she could tell that the voice belonged to Victor. "What happens to rubber when it's super cooled? Hmm?"

She opened her hazel eyes slowly to find that she was strapped down in a chair but was shocked to find her brother in the same position beside her.

Her temper flared up as her eyes trailed Reed's figure - from head to toe, suit and all, was covered in frost, his face was blue and he was shivering from the freezing temperatures from the canisters that were attached to him.

Oh, this bastard was going to die.

She heard Victor move and quickly closed her eyes and got her breathing under control, remaining very still as to not give the hint that she was conscious.

"Give up?" She heard Victor ask. "That's not like you Reed. After all, we're both doctors."

The sound of bones cracking filled her ears followed by Reed's pain filled groans which took everything for Kayla to not give herself away.

"Painful?" He taunted, nonetheless clueless to the fact that the brunette had woken up. "You don't know the meaning of the word!"

He walked over to a nearby table and opened up a briefcase, picking up a launcher.

"Just a little something from our defense contracts." Victor announced and walked across the room towards the window where he raised the weapon and aimed at the neighbouring building a few blocks across. "Let's check in on the rest of the family, shall we?"

Kayla opened her eyes only for them to widen at the sight of Victor firing a missile through the window.

That was a God damn heat seeker!

Which only meant one thing..

Johnny was the second target.

The Storm siblings heard the sound of glass shattering and looked around in confusion before they turned around to find a missile heading straight towards them

And it was coming fast.

Susan looked at her brother in worry. "We gotta get out of here!"

Johnny looked at his sister before he looked down at himself. That was a heat seeker, and since he was the only one out of the group with a high body temperature and could ignite his body into flames, of course it would go for him!

He quickly moved over towards the edge of the balcony and looked over the wall at the streets below. "Wait a minute! I've got an idea!" He said and took a few steps back.

The older sibling looked at him in a mixture of shock and warning. "Don't even think about it!" She exclaimed sternly.

"Never do." The younger sibling replied and all of a sudden, he flung himself off the building.