||•Chapter 20•||

************************************************************************

"ZHAN, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU-"

"Haikuan-Ge.... Ge, he doesn't love me after all..."

"WHAT are you talking about?? Didn't you know? Where are you??"

"Know what...?"

"Xiao Zhan you idiot!! Yibo came to tell you that he fixed his relationship with Yixing!!"

Zhan's eyes widen and he slightly looks up to prevent his gathered tears from falling.

"... So he really didn't love me after all..."

"NOT LIKE THAT, YOU IDIOT!"

"...What?..."

"H-He wanted to tell you.... He loved you!! A-And now.. I-I don't know if he can anymore..."

"W-What do you m-mean... Ge... What happened to Yibo??!"

"H-He.. He Got into an accident... he's lying in hospital right now-"

Xiao Zhan drops his phone, and his tears fall as well. What have I done?...He starts his car again, and drives off to the one hospital he knew Yibo would be admitted in. Guilt filled his heart. 

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, XIAO ZHAN?!

Zhan P.O.V.

My footsteps take me closer to him, but I didn't want to see. I was afraid. Afraid that he would leave me. My eyes then catch a glimpse of the side of his face, making me want to go closer. The moment I am met with his ethereal looks, my heart drops twenty meters down the Earth's centre. I feel my heart rising and falling as I shakenly bring a hand to his cheek.

"Yibo-ah.. Yibo-ah.. My baby... please.... Wake up.. I'm... I'm so sorry... Zhan-Ge is very sorry... Please wake up..."

More tears release themselves, as I take in his peaceful state. The monitor that kept track of his breathing wasn't stable. It was low, small. He was barely breathing...

"Please, Yibo - What have I done? What has this Zhan-Ge done?"

I place my head at the curve between his head and shoulder, crying onto him. What else could I do? I'm going to lose the person I've loved for so long. And just because I let my emotions take control of me. 

Because I wasn't patient enough to listen to just one more word. Because I questioned everything we promised each other. Because I can't help but get angry when I see the man I married get with someone else.

I felt a rough arm at my shoulder, pulling me backward, and I turn to be face to face with Wenhan, lifting his fist high.

"YOU BLOODY-"

He pauses on his words, taking in my tear-stained, stoic face. He looked as if he'd seen this face before.

"Why did you stop..."

Seungyoun, Yixuan, and Sungjoo enter the room as Wenhan lowers his fist. I chuckle and grab onto his collars.

"I said... WHY DID YOU STOP?!"

More tears escape and I felt like I entered a psychic vibration. My body drops to my knees, and my tears blurred my eyes.

"DON'T STOP! KILL ME! KILL ME NOW!!"

I held my hands over my ears, ignoring anything they had to say.

"Xiao Zhan, get up. Get up."

Yixuan lifted me back to my feet, and my eyes met his gentle ones.