||•Chapter 37•||

Xiao Zhan's original plan was to go back to work a year after their baby was born. But problems throughout the company were becoming severe as the days passed. At some point, the board of directors accused Zhoucheng of trying to steal the position, leaving him no choice but to step down. Zhan had to return if he didn't want his enemies to take his position.

"Hmph.."

Yibo was fixing Zhan's tie while he stood in front of their large closet mirror.

"Zhan-Ge, you asked me to help you with your clothes and now you're whining and pouting?? Why?"

"I don't wanna leave.."

The elder leaned forward and squeezed Yibo with a hug.

"Tsk, Zhan-Ge - stop - the tie! Let me do the tie first!"

"Yibo, can I just stay at home? Hm? What if something bad happens? You already vomited like 3 times this morning..."

"I'm serious. Which one of us is the pregnant one here?"

Yibo pulls down Zhan's hands to the elder's sides before lifting himself up to give Zhan a kiss.

"I'll call you frequently and come over for lunch. So just go, okay?"

Zhan pouts and looks down.

"Again."

"Huh?"

"Kiss."

"I just kissed you."

"Kiss, again."

The younger sighed for the second time then leaned forward to give another kiss. But to his surprise, the elder deepened it by tightening his hold around Yibo's waist. When the oxygen deprivation was getting too hard to handle, the younger shoved Zhan off.

"I read somewhere that husbands are more sensitive than their pregnant partner, but never did I ever think that would be the case with us."

Zhan was pouting through the whole time.

"Kiss, again."

"Zhan-Ge, I'm never going to kiss you again if you don't leave now."

The elder sighed before taking his bag and walking off, with Yibo following behind.

"Have a good day~", the younger one says, as he leaned forward for a sweet peck on Zhan's cheek. Zhan sighs as he holds the younger's sides carefully, and returns it with many kisses to Yibo's face. Then he leaned down and kissed Yibo's slightly but obviously visible baby bump.

"See you later."

With that, he shuts the door and walks off to his car. Yibo turned on his heels, straight for the kitchen as he was hungry. Now that his baby bump has shown quite obviously, the younger only had two feelings - Confident or insecure. There was no in between and certainly no chances.

The only time he showed signs of pregnancy was either through morning sickness, weird food combinations, and sudden mood swings. Other than that, Zhan was the sensitive one who got upset at the smallest things.

The other day Yibo dropped a glass which landed like a meter away from him (because his fast reflexes literally twirled him to the other side of the kitchen), and Xiao Zhan would not stop crying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A small capture of that moment:

Yibo turned around to grab the bottle but accidently knocked over a glass. But his quick reflexes made him leap as far away as possible, causing no harm at all.

"YIBO!?"

Suddenly, Xiao Zhan runs into the kitchen, his eyes brimming with tears as he pauses to take in the scene in front of him.

"Oh my god... Oh my god... Oh my..", the elder pants, trying to even out his breath, but his plans failed as he couldn't think of anything but the glass on the floor and Yibo near it.

"Zhan-Ge? What happened.. Why are you crying?"

He quickly makes his way around the counter and holds Zhan's shoulders.

"Haa.. Haa... It's... i.."

"Okay, okay, come here.. Follow my breath.. Follow my breath."

Yibo had found a new and effective method to calm Zhan down when he gets into these panic attacks. He begins by embracing the elder tightly, then gently telling him to follow his breath. This tactic definitely calmed the elder. When Yibo felt Zhan's breathing becoming stable, he gently spoke again.

"Are you okay now? Hm?"

He only got a nod in return which made him smile.

"Cuddles?"

Zhan nodded again and made Yibo giggle this time. He pulls away and takes the elder to the couch where they cuddled until Yibo fell asleep. That's when the elder got up, pulled himself together, and cleaned up the glass shards properly, making sure it was literally sparkling. 

In a way, it's like the two of them found a way to help each other out of their traumatic experiences. Xiao Zhan is there for Yibo when he's scared or worried, and Wang Yibo is there for Zhan when he's panicked or anxious.

Moment end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yibo hoped that it was just stress and not Zhan actually crying because a glass almost hit him.

I feel like my pregnancy is making his mental health worse, the younger thought. Yibo didn't know how to help Zhan anymore. As requested by their doctors, he went on honeymoon with Zhan. He tried his best to take care of himself, and his symptoms are almost cleared. Little did the latter know that Zhan was improving...Little by little. Anyway, the reason why his TBI was brought down to a chance of 'almost dead', was because of a childhood injury.

As a child, Yibo apparently had a small head injury from an accident. He forgot all about it since it wasn't that big of an issue and it only cleared a small part of his memory. But damage from that could have added the extra dangers of his previous situation. Well whatever. It was all over now. He and Zhan were the happiest they could be.

Suddenly, Yibo got a call. He saw the I.D. and sighed before picking up.

"Zhan-Ge, it's been 3 minutes."

"Exactly, too damn long. What are you doing? Have you eaten?"

"I literally just walked from the door to the kitchen."

After a short pause and another breath of air, he continues.

"You haven't even started the car, have you?"

"I'm waiting for Mr. Li."

He sighs again.

"I'm about to eat. You need to get going, okay? I'll call you in an hour... Oh my dear husband, can you survive an hour without me?"

Yibo could literally hear Zhan's pout from the other side of the line.

"... okay...", says a small voice. The younger one couldn't help his smile because Zhan was acting cute again.

"Alright, now take care of yourself. I'll call you in exactly an hour. I love you."

"Love you too..", said a whiny voice. Yibo giggles a little before ending the call. Then he proceeds to make some food for himself. 

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

~
~
~

~
(Ik I said I'll post in one day, sorry)

Hi~~ So originally, this was meant to be a long chapter with Yibo going over to Zhan's office and all, but I decided to do short but many chapters... Because.... *Drum roll* 🥁🥁🥁🥁

Yibo will be going into labour soon!!! 🧑‍🍼🧑‍🍼🧑‍🍼

Yuh, my man's been pregnant for way too long - it's time to get da baby outಠ_ʖಠ

- NamelessElixir 💞