"So what's new? How's Brad?" Hailey smiled.

"Brad's perfect as usual, college is killing me."

"Oh, you totally got this." Hailey pushed Jenny's shoulder a little and chuckled. Her phone rang, she looked at it and then at Jenny. "I gotta take this, it's Ben."

"I'm gonna get something to eat," Jenny said and jumped off the bed.

But more than she was hungry, Jenny wanted to know what Hailey was hiding. So she stayed near the bedroom, and although it felt bad, she eavesdropped.      

"Hi!" Hailey sounded too excited. Well, of course she still wants him. Jenny chuckled and went to the kitchen.

She forgot who she's talking to, I didn't need to hear more than one word to understand. Jenny guessed they really talked this out and moved on, but Hailey just wouldn't understand. She hoped she would, soon. She didn't know what worried her more, the fact that Hailey was really willing to be with Ben, or the fact that he had his doubts too. What were they thinking? Jenny hoped he changed his mind.

She opened the fridge and took out a chocolate mousse. After a few minutes Hailey showed up at the kitchen, with a dreamy smile all over her face. "What are you eating?" She asked and played with the edge of her braid.

"Chocolate," Jenny said, "you want some?"

"Yup." Hailey hopped on the marble, near the sink.

"What did Ben want?" Jenny asked without looking at her while taking another bite.

"Umm.. nothing much, he asked me something about work."

After some more chatting, Jenny decided to get back to Brad's.

"I'm back," she smiled as she opened his room's door. He was startled, and it made her laugh. He was on the phone.

"Okay so did I answer everything? No problem. Have a good day." He was quick to end the call. "Hi!"

"Who were you talking to?" Jenny asked and sat next to Brad.

"Just a survey." He scratched his head. "How's Hailey?"

"Fine," Jenny pondered a bit. "Can we be mad about something?"

"Of course. But do you wanna take a walk though? I'm starting to get bored inside."

Jenny and Brad went to the boardwalk near the sea, it was one of Brad and Steve's favorite places to go. He bought them ice cream, and listened to Jenny.

"So long story short, I'm sure she still wants them to have a thing. Or... or maybe there's still something going on between them??" She looked at him with alarm. "And she's lying to me!"

"Well Jenny, it's kind of her business..." Brad said.

"But I'm her best friend! She can tell me to stay out of this, she can say she doesn't want to talk about this with me. But she has to tell me the truth! I hate being lied to!" Brad cleared his throat. "Would you forgive someone you love if they lied to you? We've known each other since high school.."

"I'd try to understand. And don't forget you're jumping to conclusions,"

"These are her considerations. You're right. I've got more important things to think about, like my studyings,"

"Exactly,"

"And the fact that I have the most perfect boyfriend in the world," Jenny smiled.

I doubt that... Brad thought. He felt bad about everything she said. "Jenny," he stopped for a minute.