-13-

Don't forget to vote and comment 🥰

————————————————————

Hailey: 'Where did you disappear?'

Hailey texted Jenny. She knew she probably had so many things to do, but she had to talk to her. Hailey went through so much lately, and probably Jenny as well, and none of them knew about it. Jenny instantly went online.

Jenny: 'I miss you!!"

Hailey smiled. She didn't really think Jenny forgot about her, but sometimes she had a bad feeling.

Hailey: 'Can you come over?'

"Hailey remembered me," Jenny told Brad, they were at his house. Brad really wanted Jenny to come, he wanted her to meet his parents. Jenny was glad, she felt their relationship was becoming more serious. They all had lunch together, and although Jenny had a task to submit, she brought it with her and worked on it at Brad's. The main thing was to be next to him.

"Great!" Brad said, "What did she say?"

"She asked where I disappeared. Me. Well... maybe I disappeared a little too." Jenny set her laptop aside, and watched Brad practicing new songs on his guitar. "She wants me to come over. Do you mind if I go and I'll be back later?"

"Of course not," Brad stopped playing and smiled at her. "When you come back I'll play you a song."

Jenny smiled and blushed. "You're just the perfect boyfriend." She kissed him. He walked her out of the house, and before she left he kissed her too. Maybe she noticed she's the only one kissing me every time? He thought, and didn't want to take the risk someone will find out about this whole thing. Especially not Jenny herself. She stood on her fingertips and rested her hands on his chest, looking in his bright eyes. "Brad I love you."

Brad felt like he was thrown from the fifth floor. She loves me?! He gulped. Jenny waited for him to say something, and he didn't want to disappoint her. "I love you too." He smiled a little and hugged her.

"Are you still dating Luke?" Jenny asked Hailey while looking at her nails.

"No," Hailey scratched her cheek a little. "I talked to him after a week and explained that I can't be with him while thinking of someone else."

"Oh," that was all Jenny said. "And what about Ben?"

Hailey looked at her for a few seconds with her mouth slightly ajar. "...fine."

"Fine?" Janny raised an eyebrow.

It wasn't a good idea to tell her they were, well, kind of together? Hailey didn't even know herself. She guessed they were. Jenny will just start to yell and try to lecture her, and it was clear that nothing would change her mind.

"Yeah, we decided it was a mistake and we should move on." Hailey brushed her hair back and looked at Jenny.

"And you really think that?"

"Yes, you were right. He's 40, it's too much." Hailey's stomach shrank when she said it.

"Okay, I'm happy to hear it." Jenny smirked. Hailey thought she'd be happier, but okay.

She's lying. Jenny didn't know about what, but she had a feeling Hailey was lying. She knew Hailey since freshman year in highschool, she knew her face expressions, and she knew when she was lying. What did she have to hide? Did she still want Ben? Or maybe she was still with Luke? Jenny tried to examine Hailey's gaze, but she couldn't understand it.