Year 6-8 | Christmas Party

Start from the beginning

"What are these?" I asked holding up a glass of orange liquid from his trey.

"Fire whiskeys,"

"Oh yeah definitely," I replied quickly chugging the entire glass of fire whiskey. I wasn't quite old enough to drink it yet but I'm stressed out enough. Besides, if I get caught, that's totally Professor Slughorn's fault. It left a burning sensation in my throat causing my eyes to grow wide and left me with a strange feeling.

"No problem," He replied walking away. I don't think he knows that I'm not old enough to drink it, not that he needs to know either. From behind Neville, Hermione was sneaking away into the balcony behind the curtains. She was wearing a pink dress though her partner was nowhere to be found.

"Evelyn did you just-"

"Did you see that too?" I turned to ask Harry interrupting him.

"See what?"

"Come on," I said grabbing his hands and going into the balcony that Hermione had walked into past the curtains.

"Hermione-" Harry called out. She was looking extremely anxious and nervous, her face was filled with just pure regret. "What're you doing? And what happened?"

"Well, I just escaped. I mean... I left Cormac under the mistletoe,"

"Cormac? That's who you invited?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows at her. Stay away from him, she says.

"I thought it would annoy Ron the most,"

"Now do you understand why I took Draco to the Yule Ball?" No one replied and only stared at me. I coughed slightly looking away and facing the curtains. There were multiple flashes, Professor Slughorn was taking pictures with almost every student that showed up. In the crowd, I could see Cormac looking around searching for Hermione.

"He's got more tentacles than a Snargaluff plant," Hermione muttered drawing my attention back to her.

"Dragon Tartare?" Another boy in the waiter outfit walked in with a trey of nicely decorated tartare. Even though it looks delicious, it's notorious for giving terribly bad breath.

"No I'm fine thank you," Hermione whispered still feeling uncomfortable.

"Just as well, they give one horribly bad breath," The waiter replied making Harry scoff softly.

"Second thoughts, that'll keep Cormac away," Hermione said grabbing the entire trey and shoving her face with the dragon tartare.

"Oh god here he comes-" She said handing the trey to Harry before crouching and leaving the balcony just as Cormac walked in.

"I think she just went to powder her nose-" I began to speak.

"Stupid little minx your friend, nice to work her mouth too isn't she?" He said stuffing his mouth with the dragon tartare, "Are you two together? Because if not-"

"Oh yeah we're together," Harry quickly replied before he could finish.

"Er- by the way, those are made of dragon balls," I lied. They weren't made of dragon balls, rather dragon meat. I just wanted to play around with him knowing he made Hermione feel uncomfortable. He quickly stopped chewing and turned to face me with a confused expression when Snape suddenly walked in.