Jade tried to jump upwards to get to the bridge's abutment. The tips of her fingers just reached the stone's edge. If she had been an inch taller she could have easily caught on the railing and used her strength to haul herself over. Suddenly hands gripped around her gave her extra push she needed. Her hands gripped the coarse stone tightly and tumbled into the bridge. Behind her the Prince landed on his feet smoothly.

The pair crossed the stone archway and found a door that led them indoor. The sounds of the river and the brewing thunderstorm all dissolved into nothingness. The silence was deafening.

The castle room was abandoned. The blue, silk wallpaper was torn and the intricate plaster on the ceiling was peeling. The half missing wooden floor creaked under their feet. They trudged forward through the faded, grand rooms in search for some signs of life.

One of the interesting rooms was the observatory which contained overgrown plants. A resilient rose bush grew right in the middle giving the Prince a reason to pause.

Jade tugged the sleeve of his coat hoping to maintain the pace but the man continued to stare at the flowers until they were out the other door.

"Those roses were in her hair," He whispered and Jade was certain it was not the magic speaking. He had ingested the beans, after all.

"She did? I suppose that's another clue she was here at some point," Jade hoped to show him the bright side of their discovery.

The next room they barged into was empty barring one object. Jade's heart plunged into desolation to see the mystery girl lying on the stone alter, unconscious. Her elegant gown was reminiscent to the ones she had worn to the previous balls. It shimmered with a mythical light as it draped down the sides of her resting place.

Jade visually scanned the beauty, not daring to touch her and announced, "She's not dead. She seems to be sleeping. We should find a way to wake her up."

"Yes, you're correct," The hooded woman walked out of the darkness giving the pair a start but they were quick thinking in their defense. Luke pulled out his crossbow while Jade curled her fists around the dynamite.

"Let her leave with us and we will do you no harm," Jade lied.

"This beautiful maiden can only be woken up by her one true love. Are you it, Prince charming?" The hooded figure addressed the Prince and ignored the brown haired girl.

"I love her," The Prince stood firm with his hand ready to unleash the violence of the crossbow.

"The question remains does she love you," The older woman sighed as if he was too dim to converse with.

Just as her sentence ended the doors on the other end of the room slammed open and a young looking boy appeared, quite out of breath. His clothing was simple, nothing like the luxurious material adorned by the Prince and his servant. His brown eyes searched the room and his lips upturned as he found the person he sought; the mystery girl.

"Who're you lot and what have you done with my Eleanor?" He asked as his stocky feet led him to the girl still lying motionless, despite the commotion.

"Ah, the man of the hour appears. How were the thorns?"

"It was better than the dragon," The plain faced boy bit out sarcastically, "Now, explain yourselves."

"Hey, we're here to confront the bitch. Don't add her sins on our doorstep," Jade who was feeling mouthy said.

"I think you meant witch," The older woman corrected.

"No, I meant bitch, thank you very much," The secretary replied breezily.

"Ah, where have the manners gone in the young generation. In my days..." The golden woman shook her fist and Jade felt the air run out of her lungs. She wheezed momentarily but regained her breath immediately. The Prince hadn't realised what had happened for his eyes were firmly stuck on the newcomer.