II - TANGLED UP IN BLUE

Start from the beginning

   Both Hayley and Rebekah looked at Audrey at that, who was quickly made the smirk disappear from his face, as she stabbed the pencil into his arm. Klaus groaned, glaring at her as he yanked it out, ignoring the snickers coming from his sister. "You told Rebekah you would help us get him back, Klaus. That is the only reason I'm even talking to you right now." She snapped, not in the mood for games. "So is there a plan or not?" 

   He simply held his hands up. "Okay. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy-- he's my friend. Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless." He corrected Hayley, who just gave him a blank look in return. "And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly--" He turns to Rebekah and gestures for her to speak. "-- Sister, please."

   "And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." Rebekah told them. 

   Hayley looked at them in disbelief. "That's...that's not the whole plan, is it?"

   Audrey shook her head knowingly, noticing the looks Klaus and Rebekah exchanged. "Oh, no, it's not." She told her.

   Rebekah gave Audrey a grin, scoffing at Hayley's skepticism. "Please! Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical."

   Klaus nodded, taking that as a compliment. "That's only plan A, love. There's always a plan B."

   Hayley raised a brow at them. "And what's plan B?"

   "War."

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

   Of course, asking Marcel for Elijah back got the answer Klaus expected no. So, the group were moving on to plan B, which involved getting Sophie Deveraux to help them. Rebekah had managed to find them their way in, after discovering the witch who sold Hayley the wolfsbane, was in fact in love with one of Marcel's key daywalkers. But Sophie instantly refused when they told her the plan, after Rebekah forced her back to the plantation to talk. 

   "Are you out of your mind?" She looked at the two Originals and Audrey. "No way."

   "It's very simple." Rebekah told her. "We need you to perform a teeny, tiny locator spell to help us find our brother."

   "Witches who practice magic in this town get caught, then they get killed." The Deveraux witch scoffed, shaking her head. 

   Klaus hummed at that. "Yes, about that. It seems you left out a crucial detail when we made our deal-- Marcel's secret weapon, the way he knows when a witch is using magic..."

   "Girl about yea high, cute as button, anger issues?" Rebekah described, making Sophie look at her in disbelief.

   "Davina?" She asked quickly, a hint of hope in her eyes. "Where have you seen her?"

   "I don't the know." Rebekah answers, gesturing with her hands. "The little brat erased my memory right after she threw me out a window with her bloody mind."

   "Let me cut to the chase." Klaus cut in, taking a seat in an arm chair opposite the witch. "Davina has Elijah. You witches, I assume, want to get Davina away from Marcel. We don't know where she is. Ergo, we need magic."

   "Davina would sense it." Sophie pointed out.

   Rebekah nodded, but wasn't worried about this information. "Unless, of course, another witch—- say, a traitor to the cause, Katie for example—- was to perform much more powerful magic at the same time. That would create a smokescreen, concealing your very small spell from Davina."