"He can be," Riyo agreed, "but he's also thoughtful and loving."

    "I'm pretty sure he only treats you and his brothers that way."

    "You're probably right."

    "How did that happen?"

    "We spent some time together after he was commissioned to protect me last year. It just happened."

    "That's sweet," Padmé smiled.

    They fell silent abruptly as the door hissed open and Representative Binks flounced into the room. "Senator Padmé! There sa urgent message for yousa!"

    "An urgent message? From who?" Padmé stood.

    "Issa from a Jedi." Jar Jar cast a nervous look towards Riyo. "Eh, Ani."

    "If you'll excuse me, Riyo, I need to see what's going on."

    Riyo stood too. "Of course. I'll see you tomorrow, I'm sure. Goodnight." She stepped out of the apartments and headed up to her own. Fox should be there tonight. He said he was coming, she thought.

    However, there was no one but her guards and attendants when she reached her apartments at last. Riyo tilted her head, somewhat confused. She entered her office and spied her transmitter blinking. Riyo accepted the transmission quickly.

    A hologram of Clay appeared. "Fox said to tell you that he might not be able to come after all. Something came up with the prisoner. Commander Tano is coming to interview her and he has to be around in case she learns something."

    Riyo nodded and tried to hide her disappointment. "Thanks for letting me know." She switched the transmitter off and went to her room.

Coruscant: 19 BBY
Republic Military Prison
Commander Fox

    Fox waited in the command center. Admiral Tarkin had sent a transmission, letting him know that Commander Tano was on her way. He hoped the young Jedi would be able to get some answers out of Letta, or prove if her statements were true. Clay returned to his post shortly. He'd been sending Riyo a transmission, as Fox had asked.

    The door hissed open a moment later and a young Togruta female entered. Fox watched as she approached. "Yes?"

    "I'm Commander Tano," she said, raising a hand to her chest. "Letta Turmond requested to see me."

    Fox crossed his arms. "A lot of innocent people died in that blast. Good job capturing her." Commander Tano gave him a hesitant smile. Fox turned to Clay. "All right. Scan her."

    Clay nodded and bent over his control panel. The scan commenced. An outline of her body appeared on the monitor. Three spots lit up with blinking red dots and a small alarm.

    Commander Tano swallowed. "Leave your commlink and lightsabers here," Fox instructed. She obeyed and removed them, then placed them in the small hole beneath the glass divider. "Follow me." Fox joined her in the hallway and took the lead. Clay and another clone fell in step behind them.

    They turned to an adjoining hallway, split into sections by red plasma beams. The gates deactivated and they continued on. Fox turned down another hallway and unlocked one of the cells. Letta was seated inside, her gaze fearful and anxious still. Commander Tano entered.

Senator and SoldierOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara