Sweet (0.8)

The smell of yummy deserts fills the kitchen and Colin smiles. The vanilla shortcake came out well and now he just needs to let it cool so he can cut it and decorate. The cookies are in the oven and the cream for the fruit sandwiches and cake is made. 

     "Looking good host!" Ji-Hye sniffs the air and smiles, "It smells so good!"

     "He, I sure hope it is!" Colin smiles at her as he pulls out more fruit to cut. Chopping the strawberries thinly he smiles thinking of the ML's reaction. 

     "Host likes to feed people?" Ji-Hye asks while trying to discreetly dip her fingers in the cream. 

     "Yep," he slaps away Ji-Hye's hand, " I just like to watch people eat...something about it feels nice."

     "Hmm..." She shrugs and grabs one of the grapes on the counter to Colin's exasperation. 

     "If I wasn't also eating it I would have poisoned it," he sighs, "but since I also want to eat them...welp yeah. Maybe I could try poisoning him while he's watching the movie?"

     "If host thinks it is a good time!" Ji-Hye smiles at his progress. Her host may have gotten slightly off track but at least he now knows what he needs to do. 

     "Sure seems like it," he smiles as he watches Ji-Hye drool over the cake he slowly is placing together. 

     After finishing up making the sweets he wipes his forehead with his arm and looks down at his clothes, "...Hm, yeah I need a shower. Can you stay here and make sure no one will touch this Ji-Hye?"

     "Sure thing host!" She salutes him playfully, "Is the portion on the other counter mine?" 

     "Yep," he washes his hand and dries them, "I'll leave you to it then." 

     "Aye aye!" she laughs seeing him shake his head at her.

     He makes his way to his room and showers making sure to get rid of all the flower and sticky fruit juice off. He quickly dresses in a hoodie and some sweat going for a full-on comfy look. He makes his way back to the kitchen only to see a group of maids circling the door to the kitchen. 

     "Uhm," they jump, "Can I help you?" 

     "Young master Colin," they bow and the leader of the group comes up to answer his question, "We heard that you were making snacks for young master Caine. We have been sent to make sure your cooking isn't going to poison the young master."

     "Sure," he waves his hand, "go ahead and take a small bit." The maids make their way in and colin looks to Ji-Hye. "Who sent them? Doesn't the family want him dead?" 

     "His mother sent them," Ji-Hye sighs, "His father wants him dead not his mother. Plus you have a reputation for being a bad cook."

     "Wait so that means you weren't cheating me when you made me get the cooking skill?" He asks in shock remembering when he received the skill.

     "Hmph!" Ji-Hye pouts, "Of course! Who do you take me for! Helio? Nope!"

     "H-Helio?" He questions her.

     "Oh yeah, he's the guy who trains the systems in protection and is particularly stingy. Not that it seemed to help with the FL." Her eyebrows furrow as she thinks back on the FL and her system.

     "Huh," Colin wonders to himself what kind of world is out there that Ji-Hye lives in, "Welp, that's neat and all but should we check in on the maids?" 

     "Yep," Ji-Hye nods and the two of them enter the room only to see the maids throwing the cookies on the ground. 

     "What the hell do you think you're doing!" Colin yells as he watches his hard work get slammed onto the floor. He clenches his fist trying to stop himself from grabbing their wrists so they cant slam more food on the ground. 

      "Y-young master," some of the shy maids hide behind the leader, "W-We found that it wasn't fit for the young master and we were ordered to destroy them..." 

     Looking at the leader of the maids he watches as her smirk fades the more he looks at them. "All of you out!" He demands them to leave, "Get out now!" The group flees and he can hear a few giggles when they think they are far enough away. 

     "...My-my snacks..." Colin stares at them in shock. The cake was now smooshed into the floor and has a footprint on it. All his cookies were thrown across the room and broken into pieces. His sandwiches were smeared on the counters. The kitchen looks like someone had a breakdown. 

     "H-How dare they," Ji-Hyes face turns ominous and Colin flinches when he hears her tone. 

     "J-Ji-Hye?" He asks gently hoping not to set her off more.

     "How dare they ruin the sweets!" She stomps her feet and pounds her fist against the counter. 

     Sweating at her he tries to calm her, "T-They are just sweets its ok," seeing her get angry at him he stops. 

     "You listen here," she grabs his cheeks, "These are the best god damn sweets ever and they had no right to ruin something so good!" Sweating even more he nods to try to appease her. "Good!" She releases him and he backs away subtly. 

     "So..." both of them look at the mess and sit in the middle of the room, "No more sweets huh..."

     Colin sits looking depressed, all of his effort in making yummy food! All of it destroyed in an instance! His feet hurt! It's all for nothing now!? Both of them sit in silence depressed about the food. 

     Ji-Hye stands up and takes the cake and tries cheering him up by smearing some on his cheek. Seeing no reaction she tried again but she slips on some of the cream on the floor and the cake lands on Colin's head. A small depressed chuckle comes from Colin, at least she was trying. 

     "What happened here? Another food fight? Why wasn't I invited?" to his surprise Colin looks up and sees Caine in the door. Caine seeing Colin covered in the cake that looks like it was slammed onto his head and the food strung around the room his laughing tone stops. 

     "Well, don't you look pitiful..." Caine goes to help him up but Colin refuses to take his hand. Pouting he sighs, "Guess I gotta do this a different way huh." 

     "Mh! Whaaa," Colin feels his body suddenly lift into the air or more specifically he feels himself get lifted into a princess carry. "What! Caine put me down!"