(1.6) To the Park!

The clinking of silverware echos in the dining room, the entire family eerily quite. Jaxx's face stiff as he takes glances at his new family. His father's ice cold face as his new mother flirts and attempts to seduce him makes him shake his head. As he's thinking Ji-Hye pops up, "Host! The ML is currently at the same park he was at night. Do you want to make contact?" 

     Subtly, he slight opens his mouth and speaks, "We'll make contact with the ML. Be sure to inform...Holly?"

     "Yep! Will do host!" With a smile she closes her eyes. A few seconds pass and he sees Jasmine nod at him. Seeing the others informed he continues to pretend to be scared of her with a shiver he slouches into himself. 

     "Mother," hearing her speak the lady turns from his dad and faces Jasmine, "Why don't we have the dear little half-human go outside for a little..."

     "...hmm," glancing at the two of them she smirks at his hunched form, "Sure, I'll have Fran drive him outside."

     "Thanks you, mother." With an evil smirk she she watches him shake in his seat. 

     The rest of breakfast goes smoothly with minimal interaction between the family. The two kids wait as they watch their parents finish first. Once the two leave Jaxx makes his way to his room and changes into what he would call outside clothes.

     "Hey Ji-Hye do you think they'll let me use the kitchen?" He smiles while doing a quick spin letting her see his overalls and shirt.

     "I don't see why not but why would you want to use it?" Ji-Hye asks while scratching her head.

     "I still have the cooking skill so I though maybe I could make a picnic basket since it seems like I'll be hanging out in the park for a while." While saying that he watches as her faces lights up in recognition.

     "The staff might try to make it for you but I think you can at least get in the kitchen. Would you like me to direct you there or have a butler do so?" Rushing through the sentence she bounces in place in excitement.

     "Lead me, if they get curious I just wandered till I found it." Seeing her so excited he smiles at her childlike nature. 

     Nodding in conformation she leads him down the hallways. Taking moments to stare at the fancy oil paintings and rich design he speaks up, "Oh yeah, did I get any points from the previous world?"

     "Well...since you kinda left without getting to the point where you fulfill the wishes you only get a third of the points. The Overviewer decided that while you didn't stay you did get it to the point where the original would have been able to do so. So with hosts previous 50 points you have 140 points!" She announces in a somewhat plain voice but the jazz hands were a nice touch.

     "I see, I think I'll save for a bit unless you believe I need something?" Jaxx asks while staring at the oil painting of a lady dancing in a fruit field. 

     "Hmm I think host will be fine! No need for anything currently! Do you want me to warn you if a skill would be helpful?" Smiling she lightly slaps his back to get him moving.

     "Yeah, that'd be a good idea." Raising an eyebrow at her, he moves on.

     Finally arriving at the kitchen he watches as maids and butlers run back and forth. Some putting dishes in sinks, some cleaning counters, and some putting dishes away.

     "Young master? What are you doing here?" A maid pauses staring at his awkwardly frozen form.

     "Well...uhm," looking at her shyly he quietly answers, "I wanted to grab some food for...for a picnic...if that's ok?" Finishing he flashes her the puppy eyes in full blast.

     Melting the maid smiles and leads him inside to a seat, "Sure, let us prepare it for you. Can you wait for five minutes?"

     "Un, but...ah can I trouble you to let me use the kitchen...I wanted to make some...some food that grandma taught me..." a bit of sadness flashes in his eyes and the maid lightly frowns.

     "I see," looking down at Jaxx she lets out a sad smile, "Do you need help with it or can I let you go by yourself?"

     Hearing her response Jaxx smiles like she hung him the moon and stars, "Really! I can do it, thank you miss!"

     "Of course young master" With a smile she watches him take off to one of the fridges and bows to take her leave.

     Seeing her leave he smiles even more and sings a little tune, "Strawberry cake, maybe some fudge, ooooh what if we make muffins!?"

┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴

     With a sigh he collapses on one of the couches lining the halls, "Ji-Hye it's time to meet the ML, any advice?"

     "Eh, just be honest with him. I mean, don't be an idiot but don't lie." With a shrug she goes back to eating the mini cake he made for her.

     "Hmm ok then." With a small shrug he sits up straight and stretches.

     She raises an eyebrow at his casual attitude and reminds him, "Don't forget you need to befriend him, so turn it around so the situation is favorable for you." 

     "Sure thing Ji-Hye," with a smile he reassures her, "I'll be sure to be careful!"

     "Good, now get a move on, the driver is waiting." She sets down the now empty plate and leaves it somewhere the maids could grab it later.

     "Uh, let's do this!" With a smile he heads down from his room to the car. Never being a fan of car he couldn't recognize the type but it was sleek and expensive looking. Getting in the car he nods and thanks the driver who in turn ignores him.

     Once he buckles up the driver takes off clearly already knowing where to go. He watches as the world zooms by and soon arrives as the park, "...I have a weird feeling this isn't going to go as planned..."

     "What do you mean host?" Ji-Hye looks at him in confusion.

     "I don't know...just," glancing around the fairly empty park he sighs and shakes his head, "No, it's fine. Just got a weird feeling is all."

     "Hmm, if host wants I'll keep a look out for suspicious activity?" 

     He nods to her, "Please."

     Hearing him, she goes back to robot form to get a better view.

     The two wander around the park taking moments to stop and admire the sunlight shining through the trees and the flowers blooming in a colorful array. While staring up at one of the many pretty trees Jaxx pauses feeling a set of eyes on him. Turning he stares back only to freeze. Seeing a tanned child with blond hair and sparkling blue eyes blushing at him he panics. "Ji-Hye...isn't that...?"

Sick. Unedited chapter so forgive my mistakes. Take me a bit for more. Sorry will re edit later. Goodnight.

Oh and not COVID since I tested that and vaccine so just head cold marketing hard to sleep.