Chapter 15: I really wish I just stayed in bed

Chapter 15|I really wish I just stayed in bed

***

   "I-I can explain..."

I definitely could not explain.

   There's no way I'm going to waffle about the happy little events from a week ago to my furious headmaster, which undeniably would not carry out very well, seeing as I had absolutely no idea how to tell him that the reason I skipped school for a week was because I almost died. It really wasn't a good conversation starter, that and I'm very sure I would be sent to therapy for the rest of my life.

   I can conclude it would presumably go something along the lines of:

   "Hey Chris, sorry for missing the last five days of school. It's just, I almost got shot. Twice. And well I'm kinda dealing with the trauma of that." But then, because I'm such a respectful person and I don't want to come off as selfish I'd add something like. "So...how has your day been so far?"

   And (again this is all from the wonders of my imagination) Chris would, I assume, have his mouth gaping wide open, gaze worrisome and mildly disturbed by my nonchalant attitude that he'd reply. "Uh huh, my day's been splendid. How about we take you to the police?"

   And scene.

   "I don't want to hear it," Chris replied, looking more pissed off than me on my period. Seriously, why was this guy saltier than the Pacific? If anything I thought he'd be relieved I hadn't shown up to school.        

   As rude as it was - because frankly I'm an amazing person, and you'd be blessed to have me in your company - I thought dear Chris would be jumping over the moon at my absence.

   "You don't?" I asked instead. I would have said something slightly passive aggressive to insult him and giggle about it to myself later, but seeing his face and his tense posture, well I'm not sure I want to rattle his cage right now.

"No," he beckoned me forward with a finger and I followed suit through the entrance doors. He almost smacked me in the face with one. What a soggy cornflake. "Because I expect you to get straight to tutorial before you're late for attendance and then I expect you to walk straight to your next two lessons without looking up from these damn tiles," he paused and I stopped glancing at the girls bathroom with desperation. "And no bathroom breaks either."

"Aww man, now that's just mean," I whined.

He rolled his eyes. "Tough, maybe if you bothered to show up to the academy like every other student I wouldn't have to be so mean. Unless you have explosive diarrhoea, you stick your bottom to your chair and do not leave until the bell dismisses you."

"What if I have lady problems?" I asked sticking my chin up. If he refused this then he would be forever titled a chauvinistic pig, and I hate pigs especially chauvinistic ones.

Chris sighed into his palm and glanced at his watch. "Then by all means use the bathroom, but I will only allow you to go once during each class,"

As if he'd do that. He didn't own the school toilets, sure he was the Head of the academy, but I didn't see Head of the bathroom anywhere. As far as it goes, I am liberated to relieve myself when and where ever I please. If he wasn't happy with that, he could stick it up his very nice ass.

"Sounds great," then I looked at the digital black clock on the wall near the end of the corridor and my grin fell. "I have a minute to get to the science wing which is like ten years away, can I please get a pass?"

Chris smirked smugly at me and I frowned. "Nope," he wiped off imaginary dust from his pristine suit jacket and I scoffed.

"Pretty please, with a cherry on top?"

"No,"

"But it's your fault I'm going to be late. That's not fair,"

"Life isn't fair. Deal with it."

Chris picked up his wrist and held his watch, ignoring my glare as I thought of a million ways to kill my headmaster without getting caught. "You better start running if you want to be on time. I know for a fact that Mrs Priestley hates tardiness, didn't she give an assembly on it at the start of the year?"

"You little-!"

"Ah-ah-ah," he wagged his finger in my face. "Mind your tone Miss Losièr, I am your Headmaster."

"More like a pain in my ass," I muttered under my breath. He caught it, I know he did because he glared at me, but I schooled my expression and smiled innocently at him.

"Run along Heidi," he said, walking away. "I want to see you in my office after your last class,"

I groaned under my breath and because I was so nice I sent my middle finger to his back after he turned around and sighed to myself as the bell went off for afternoon attendance.

I really wish I just stayed in bed.