Chapter 32: I pulled a horror movie, dumb white girl move

Chapter 32| I pulled a horror movie, dumb white girl move

***

   "Another!" I exclaimed at the bartender with a lopsided smile.

   The others around me cheered and slapped my back after I downed what was most probably my fiftieth shot of the night. At this point, my throat was numb and my mind was too hazy. I'd lost all sanity at around shot number seven.

   "Give her another, Spike," a handsome, older looking man said to my right. Tony, I think his name was. I tried to wink at him but I think I just blinked both eyes really hard and almost popped a blood vessel. Let's hope he sees someone really attractive through the drunkenness.

   Spike (the new bartender Rico hired a week ago when I was depressed) we named after we saw his spiky hair and tattoos and big beefy arms. He shook his head at me like I was a child. "Sorry gorgeous, no more for you," he took away my glass. "I'm getting you water,"

   The crowd around me erupted in boos. I joined in too, putting a thumbs down to demonstrate my disappointment.

   Spike rolled his eyes with a small smile that made me blush even past all the alcohol, and handed me a glass of water.

   "Bottoms up," he grinned.

   The men went loud once again and all raised their drinks to their mouths. I joined in this time, gulping back the water for the heck of it then raising the glass in the air with a cheerful cry.

   "Haza!" ...it's the alcohol.

   "I think you're really pretty," I blurted out to Spike once I set my glass down. I narrowed my eyes at him and pointed a finger. "You're not gay are you?"

   Spike widened his eyes in humorous surprise and shook his head, smiling at me. "I think you're really pretty too, Princess. And no, I'm not gay,"

   "But you'd do Theo James if you had the chance, right?"

   He nodded seriously. "I'd definitely do Theo James if I had the chance." I saluted him.

   Then, using my estrogenous seductive power, I grinned, leaning forward across the bar on my stomach placing a hand on his wrist. He stared at it for a couple of seconds before looking at me intensely. "Maybe you could..."Carrying on, I trailed my fingers all the way to his muscular bicep and squeezed. "...get me..." Spike gulped, staring at me with wide, lustful eyes. I moved in closer, grazing my lips across the shell of his ear. I felt him hitch a breath and grinned, before I bellowed out. "ANOTHER FUCKING SHOT!"

   Instantly he pulled back, cupping his ear as I laughed with the crowd. Tony sent me a high five before snatching the bottle of tequila from behind the bar before Spike could stop him, filling up his shot glass and pushing it into my hand. "HEIDI! HEIDI! HEIDI!" Soon the whole crowd was cheering my name.

   Raising the glass to an aggravated Spike, this time sending him my best controlled wink I shoved the shot down my throat and jumped up on the bar with a victorious shout.

   This shit was almost cult-like. A bunch of middle aged, criminal looking men cheering on a drunk eighteen year old girl. I can't wait to explain this one to my kids in the future.

   Then one of our staple restaurant songs Rico would play on the old vintage jukebox he found discarded on the street somewhere blared out and the crowd erupted into a dancing and singing chaos. My face almost split into two as I cracked an excited grin. "I love this song!"

   The crowd whooped.

   "Tony! Tony! Look at me, I'm going to dance!" I threw off my blazer a while back on one of the bar stools, loosening my tie whilst swaying to the music. "When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie! That's amoreeeee!"