{Seven}

After I helped Amanda bake some cookies, we ate them and then decided to watch some movies.

"We should watch Finding Dory, it's a really good movie!" I insisted.

"Oh please, that's for children! Plus, you've watched it thousands of times! Let's try something new... maybe something a little on the older side?" Amanda countered.

"Fineeeee. I'll watch Mean Girls I guess," I relented.

Just as we were setting everything up, Ryan IM'd me. With Percy and Annabeth. Lovely.

"Hey Hal," Ryan greeted me. It was weird, he hasn't called me 'Hal' in ages. He's probably trying to get back in my good graces. "Oh, hey Amanda! So anyways, Hali, I was wondering--"

"No, I'm not going to spend the weekend at Camp Half-Blood," I said, as if I was stating a fact.

Percy and Annabeth looked surprised that I knew exactly what he was going to ask though. Which is weird, because I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same thing.

"Hali, please? I know we kind of left on a bad note but--" Percy attempted.

I cut him off with a simple, "No."

"Look, Hali, I don't know you well--" Annabeth began.

"You're right, you don't know me well. Which is why I'm no--" I retorted, but was cut off by Amanda.

"Why she's going."

"What?" everyone else exclaimed.

Percy and Annabeth mostly just looked surprised, but Ryan looked utterly shocked that Amanda would say that. Probably because I'm known for losing my temper.

My gaze flickered between Percy, Ryan and Annabeth on the Iris-Message, and Amanda, who was avoiding my gaze before saying, "I'll think about it and get back to you later. Bye."

I then swiped my hand through the mist, disconnecting us.

Turning to Amanda, I said, surprisingly calm, "Please explain."

"Look, I know you don't want to go to Camp because of the whole Greek bad experiences or whatever. But instead of thinking about it as going to a demigod camp, think about just going to hang out with some friends. Please? For me?" she pleaded.

I looked her in the eyes, contemplating. I knew that if I really wanted to stay, she wouldn't force me.

"Fine," I sighed. "But only for the weekend, and you ca--"

"Oh good, I finally clean your house, like for reals!" she exclaimed.

I laughed. "Is that the only reason you wanted me to leave? Also don't you have a job?"

"Nope! Not this weekend. Once Ryan called me, I called my boss and asked for the weekend off, so I'm free. You should go pack a few outfits, maybe take a shower?" Amanda suggested with a wink.

* * *

"Okay, today is Saturday, and so you need to stay at least all day Monday, promise?" Amanda asked, standing in the kitchen with a glass of water.

"Yeah. Oh and also, about earlier. I do like talking to you. I just don't like talking. You're like the only person I actually talk to about important stuff. So thanks," I said a little nervously.

Amanda smiled warmly at me. "Of course. Now get out, I have a lot of cleaning to do, you pig!"

Misting away, I smiled, thinking about how lucky I was to know Amanda.