{Four}

"Wrong answer."

That was all Percy said before charging me.

Luckily, I've been on many missions and I've been trained well. I was able to quickly draw my sword, which was concealed as a magic charm bracelet that was on my left wrist. It took me awhile to get the hang of it, but basically I just had to flick my wrist in a certain way and it transforms. In more detail, there is a seashell charm that if twisted the right way, it grows into a glowing 4 foot long celestial bronze sword. When it was first given to me by a Nereid, I had to use my right hand to 'draw' my sword, but over time I was able to flick my wrist and bam, sword. My sword was named Kochyli, which is Ancient Greek for seashell, hence the seashell charm. 'Seashell' isn't a very menacing name, so I usually call it 'Kochyli'.

I raised Kochyli just in time for Percy's blade to collide with mine with great force. Percy's blade was about a foot shorter, but he was about 6 feet, myself being only 5'5", not the mention the fact that Percy was about 3 times stronger than me.

No matter, I was used to being the smaller opponent, so I knew exactly how to play this.

After Percy slashed at me and I faked almost getting hit by it, he decided to just use brute force. He came at me, and began pushing his sword against mine. Now, him being stronger obviously helped, but I still resisted a little. Until I was almost kneeling.

I quickly darted to the side, hitting the back of Percy's knees with the flat end of my sword. By now, Annabeth was getting out of the car, drawing her dagger. Dang it, I need to get out of here.

I quickly scanned my options. I could stay and fight, or reveal myself as a daughter of Poseidon and shake the Earth a bit.... I pick earthquake.

I flicked my hand, causing the ground to tremble as I ran back to the car. I opened and closed the driver's door so quickly and harshly it almost broke. I started the ignition and said, "Okie dokie Vi, hold on."

With that, I sped off as quickly as I could've, glancing in the rear view mirror to see Annabeth yelling at someone in their van, while Percy walked to the side and conjured some mist, flipping a golden drachma in, no doubt Iris Messaging Poseidon or Chiron.

Shoot. I wanted this to be an easy quest.

* * *

"Aren't.... I supposed.... to be.... safer? With... you?" Violet wheezed.

It had been about 2 days since the run in with Percy and Annabeth, and we've been attacked by monsters about 7 times now. Because of all the delays, we're still in Pennsylvania, which is about 7 hours away. We should've reached Camp Half-Blood yesterday. But no.

"Well... I guess? I don't..... I don't know. I'm.... a very.... 'stinky' demi... demigod," I replied just as out of breath as Violet was.

"Stinky?" she asked.

"Tell you... in a minute... gotta catch... my breath."

No, my dad, the one and only super powerful Poseidon just wanted to make my life miserable. If I could've mist-traveled, I'd be back home, working my lovely coffee shop and surfing all day!

"Ok," I began, back in the car, having caught my breath. Before you get amazed at how my precious Ford survived 3 days of driving and monster attacks, we ditched it not long after running into Percy. We are now onto our 4th car of the trip. Oops, I stole them. Hermes would be proud.

"I probably should've explained this like days ago, but I don't usually introduce demigods to the Greek world so, sorry about that... you'll learn everything you need to know from the orientation film that they'll show you at the camp. Anyhoo, demigods have a scent that mythological beings can smell. Such as monsters like the Cyclops we ran into or nature spirits like satyrs. I've never heard of a mean satyr, I think they're all nice. But yeah, so all demigods have a scent. If you're a child of a minor god or goddess, such as your mother, Iris, it's usually never strong. For any demigod, it gets stronger once you know your identity, but in all honesty, I could've told you about your mother and then just left you and you would've been fine."

"So why did you take me?" Violet asked.

"Uhh good question. I'll explain in a minute though, don't distract me. So anyways, the more powerful of a demigod you are, the stronger your scent is. Since my dad is Poseidon, one of the Big Three, my scent is already fairly strong, not to mention that as a demigod I'm fairly strong as well. Not as strong as Percy Jackson or Jason Grace, who are like superstars, but definitely a stronger scent than, say, Piper McLean. Make sense?"

"Uhh yeah. I think so. Is it bad to have a minor goddess as my mother?"

"Oh, no not at all. Sorry if I seemed disrespectful. Well, I guess it's not always fun to be a demigod, but you're no less a demigod than I am. And back to why I took you. So first of all, Percy Jackson had made all the gods promise to claim their children when they're like 12 I think, so it looks like your mother is either late or helping my dad with something. He was the one who gave me the quest, so I suppose even if they didn't promise to claim their kids, than I'd still be getting you. Maybe, I'm not sure. Fate is a mysterious thing, especially if we're talking about the Fates. They're moodier than I am, and trust me, I'm moody as heck!"

Violet laughed. "I know! I've been stuck in a car with you for 3 days!"

~A/N~

Bonjour peepsles! How was this chapter? It was mostly dialogue, but hopefully it was still okay. I was trying to capture Hali's moods, kind of. Remember when Poseidon told Percy 'the sea does not like to be restrained'? Well I'm kind of trying to put that into Hali but in like a moody way. Kinda like how the ocean can be having like 1 foot waves to like 20 feet waves, y'know? I was also trying to show off her ADHD but I don't have ADHD or know anyone who has ADHD soooo. But yeah, I was trying to show like a carefree, 'squirrel' type personality. Lemme know how you like it, I really wanna hear your feedback.

Also sorry that this chapter is a little late as far as updating... I mean it's still Friday! I had such a busy day tho. I had to go babysit this newborn baby and a 1 year old, and they're so cute btw. And then I had a buttload of homework. Then I had a choreography meeting for my floor routine for gymnastics, which turned out great. Then my family watched a movie together and it is now 10:15 and I still have to write an entire chapter for The Royal Secret and I think I have a little bit more homework...

Speaking of TRS I'm going to be changing the updating schedule to WA on Fridays and TRS on Saturdays. So I should have a chapter for that out tomorrow, but no promises cause I haven't even started the chapter and I have absolutely no ideas...

Also for Americans: today is 9/11. Never forget all the deaths and sacrifices. Give your family hugs today, because you never know when they're gonna be gone. Even if you're mad at them before they go to college or whatever, hug them. Say goodbye. For all you know, it could be the last time you see them.

Also I didn't have school today, so it was a very different 9/11...

Ok sorry for the like totally random author's note. I'm in that 'squirrel!' mood, which is why I decided to write Hali like that... anyways I'm like the easiest person to distract. I mean, I distract myself!

Alrighty, well if you read this whole authors note, congrats, most of it was pointless rambling ngl...

Hope you liked it, please vote if you wanna ❤️

Published: Friday, September 11, 2020