The Beach

The doctor's gloved hands felt cold against her skin. She stared up at the ceiling, looking forward until the session was over. She now hated hospitals. Everything about them, she just hated. The smell, the white walls, the fake smiles, the pitying looks. Disgusting.

"It looks like your scar is healing well, but there are some unusual bruises that shouldn't have come from the accident."
"Um, I did some diving receives at my brother's volleyball practice."
The doctor side-eyed her before continuing his examination.

"I thought I said no strenuous activities of any kind until it has fully healed.  Especially since you play what? The libero position? That's the worst for your injuries right now." He lectured.

Aiko rolled her eyes.
"Volleyball is the only thing my brothers and I have in common."
"Yes well, are they still unaware of the entire situation?"
Aiko hesitated before answering, "It's just, due to my mothers' strictness, I was her only family contact for the hospital and she was my only one. So, they couldn't call my dad or anything. And I just, I just didn't want to bother them."

"I don't want to get involved in your personal life but I assume that the longer you keep this from them, the worst it will be when they find out."

Suna knew he couldn't just barge into rooms, hoping one of them was Aiko's. He didn't understand what the girl was so secretive about. Like, why shouldn't her brothers know she's at the hospital? 'Perhaps she doesn't want to worry them?' 

Shaking the thoughts from his head, he headed back to the car with the house keys from his aunt.
"Jeez Suna, what took ya so long?" Atsumu complained.
"I was...My aunt was with a patient. I had to wait for a little."
"Don't worry 'bout it Sunarin. But can we go? I'm really hungry." Osamu said.

The trio soon arrived at Suna's aunt's house and put their stuff in the guest bedrooms.
"So..what now?" Osamu questioned.
"We should go to the beach!" Atsumu offered.
"I thought we came here so you could stalk Aiko," Suna mumbled, rubbing his eyes, tired.
"Yeah, well I haven't been to the beach in years, and maybe Aiko might be there."

(Ps - I don't know anything about Japan geography. I have no idea if Tokyo has beaches or if Hyogo does.)

They realised the beach was only a couple minutes walk from where they were so they changed in swim bottoms and walked over. 

.

.

.

"Aiko-chan! You ready to go?" Komori called from outside the guest bedroom she was staying in.
"Yeah, just a sec." She pulled a large shirt over her swimmers and walked out. She didn't know why she put a bikini on underneath, it's not like she planned to swim.

She stopped and smirked at Sakusa when she saw him wearing a mask, "You do realise how hot it is today Kiyoomi. Just go a day without it. The sea breeze is good for you."

The raven stared down at her before sighing and slowly taking it off.
"Happy?"
"Yep, you look much better without it." She complimented before turning on her heel and walked out of the house, missing the blush that had spread across Sakusa's face.

"There are so many people here." The spiker commented quietly, already wanting to go back home.
"Oh, can we just enjoy today with Aiko?" Komori asked, his eyes lighting up when he saw a volleyball net on the sand.
"Fine."

The trio walked up to another small group of people that were playing beach volleyball and asked if they could have a little match, they agreed. They appeared to be in college, there were five of them, 3 boys, two girls.

"Do any of you play volleyball?" Komori asked them.
"Yeah, we play on our college teams." One girl responded.
"What are your positions so we can try and even this out? Me and Motoya here are liberos. Kiyoomi over there is a wing spiker." Aiko asked. 

They had two setters, one guy and one girl. Two middle blockers, both guys and a female wing spiker. The group spread it around evenly so each team of four had one of each position, Aiko ended up going over on the team with the college players as their libero while one of their setters and middle blockers went over to Sakusa and Komori's side.

It appeared that the people on her team had really underestimated the power of Sakura's spikes and Komori's incredible receives. 

"You do realise your playing against one of Japan's top 3 aces and Japan's number 1 highschool libero? " Aiko pointed out from behind them, while they looked her, bewildered.

"I knew they looked familiar." A guy commented.
"Well, I'm sure you've noticed Kiyoomi's hand can bend backwards really easily? Well, it makes it easier for him to do cut shots since his wrist is so flexible. So, try your best to block cross shots. And as for Motoya? You're really gonna have to try and shake him, he's quick and will try to receive every ball." She explained so only her teammates would hear. They nodded and on went the game, Aiko's team soon doing a lot better.

"Jeez, it's super crowded here," Atsumu said as they arrived at the beach.
"I want some ice-cream. Sunarin, wanna come with me?" Suna nodded and the two walked off leaving Atsumu alone.
"Hey! Come back 'ere!" The blonde yelled after them.

Realising they were ignoring him he looked around to see if he could join in on anyone's beach volleyball games. His eyes zoomed in on an intense one occurring about 50 metres away from him. But why did some of the players look familiar?