Think Of The Past

Komori, Aiko and Sakusa all sat in the living room watching a movie. Aiko was exhausted but she couldn't fall asleep. Her visit turned out to be much more eventful than she planned. 

She wanted to get close with her brothers again, but with the secrets, she was hiding from them...she felt awkward around them. They didn't know that she was in the accident, they don't know about the incidents from middle school...they don't know a lot about her.

Her brothers enjoyed the growing fame that they received, but she was the one to suffer for it. 

.

.

It was halfway through the last year of middle school. Miya Osamu and Miya Atsumu were volleyball gods, and their maturing looks were definitely grabbing all the girls attention. Many were too shy to speak to them directly, so, these lovestruck girls would ask Aiko to pass along messages to them. And she agreed at first. But soon, it was becoming too much...people only saw her as a messenger, the unnecessary sibling...no one. When Aiko began to refuse the requests, things dramatically went downhill for her.

.

"'Samu, Akamine-san wanted me to tell you that she is in love with you and to meet her behind the gym after school," Aiko mumbled to her brother.
Osamu rolled his eyes before taking a bite of his onigiri, "I don't like Akamine, she's rude to everyone. And all these confessions are getting annoying. If they don't say it to my face, they get you to do it Ai.  Why do you keep giving in?"

Aiko looked down and subtly pulled down her sleeve to cover the bruises from last time she refused
"I don't know, it would probably them more if you said no right to their face," 
"I guess so."

.

A few days later, it got even worse.

"'Tsumu, Hayami-san wants to know if you will go on a date with her," Aiko told Atsumu that morning as they were preparing their lunches for school, Osamu still showering.

"Hayami? I don't even know who that is...wait, Aiko, when did you get a hair cut?" Atsumu asked, pointing to Aiko's now much shorter raven hair, it now sits just above her shoulders.

The day before when her brothers had volleyball practice, she decided to go to the library. Soon finding herself needing to go to the bathroom, she went.

There she was met by three girls she had said no to. Two lurched towards her, keeping her restrained. While the third walked to towards her with an evil smirk and a pair of scissors. 

"Do you really think your special?  You're nothing, you should be honoured to even be related to the Miya's. Or maybe your adopted, that would explain why you're so ugly."

Tears pricked her eyes as they continued to insult her. They hacked at her with the scissors, making a mess of her long black hair, which she loved. 

When the three girls finally left, Aiko looked in the mirror, her cheeks were tear-stained, her eyes red and puffy and her hair looked awful. She looked down at the scissors that were left on the ground. She picked them up and did her best to even out her hair, trying to keep her hands steady when she started hyperventilating and more tears ran down her face. 

.

She sent a message to her brothers saying she walked home because she got bored. She ran all the way home, ignoring her father calling out, asking what was wrong, and locked herself in her room. 

.

.

.

"Aiko-chan? Are you alright?" Komori asked, pulling her out of her trance.
"Oh yeah, just thinking about middle school, I don't know why though," she said, hoping her trembling voice didn't give away that she was upset.

"You know nothing those girls said were true, right?" Sakusa piped up.
"Yeah, from what you told us, they were probably just jealous of you!" Komori added.
"Yeah right, who would be jealous of me?" Aiko rolled her eyes. 
"A lot of people, you're very beautiful," Sakusa mumbled.
"What was that Kiyoomi? Was that a compliment?" Komori teased his cousin.
"Shut up Motoya," Sakusa grumbled.

Aiko chuckled at them, she was sad to have to leave tomorrow. She had grown so close with these two from her time at Itaichiyama. 

"I'm gonna miss you guys," Aiko sighed.
"Yeah, but maybe next time, we will come down to Hyogo and visit you," Komori said.
"Yeah, I haven't been to Hyogo is quite some time, might be nice to go there," Sakusa added.
"Seriously? You can barely understand what the locals are saying with their Kansai dialect," Aiko said.

"Oh don't act like you didn't have a thick accent when you first came to Toyko!" Komori reminded, laughing. 
"Stop! That's so embarrassing! Everyone would look at me weird!" Aiko yelled. 
"Yeah, I remember when you introduced yourself to the class on your first day," Sakusa said.
"Ahaha yeah, the only thing I understood was your name," Komori laughed.
"Oh stop it!"

.

.

.

There you go, a little bit more about Aiko's past