The Job

A/N: BrUuUuUhHhHhHhHhHhHhHh my update schedule is so bad... it's only gotten worse and worse since starting this story D: (but I swear I've planned most of this out already)

Anyways... all your comments are gold, I'm laughing way too hard.

I'm also spending too much time sketching Hiiro and her character designs, going on tangents and writing other arcs rather than the one I'm currently on, and thinking more about the story than I am typing, ultimately forgetting what I'm supposed to be writing about. RIP people who actually enjoy this and need to wait a month for a single chapter that they'll forgot within five days.

Just a heads up, this chapter might be a little fast paced because I just want to get the Yorknew Arc over with and start uploading the chapters about Hiiro and Hisokas backstory which will be mixed into the following chapters... probably.

ITS BEEN A MONTH SINCE I UPDATED SORRY

..........

"Hiiro~" Hisoka purred, taking a seat directly of opposite of the girl in the small hotel room she had been occupying. "Look what I found."

He held a sheet of paper up with a pleased look. "Are you interested?"

Hiiro frowned, turning her head away. "You know I can't read that, just tell me what the damn thing says." She turned her head back to glare holes into the cream colored parchment with thousands of letters she couldn't read in their neat little rows, all typed out perfectly from a typewriter.

"It's a job." Hisoka described.

"Haha." Hiiro laughed dryly "Nice description. Try again will you?"

"Mmm, you didn't let me finish, Little Cat." Hisoka smiled. "It'a a bodyguard occupation for one night at the biggest auction of the year."

Hiiro reached forward to take the piece of paper "Just one night? Hmm, how much does it pay?"

"Enough." Hisoka chuckled "I would go myself... but oh, I wouldn't want to miss all the fun the troupe is having without me."

Hiiro shrugged. "I'll take it. Where's the meeting location?"

..........

"You're a little... younger than I expected." Hiiros client inspected her, folding his hands on his lap. He seemed to be in his young 20s, and quite wealthy for the way he dressed. Maybe his outfits weren't all ridiculously noticeable and attention seeking but they were clean cut, and from designer brands that charged ridiculous prices for the simplest styles made with expensive materials.

Hiiro stared back cooly, imitating his folded hands. She smiled "I assure you, I'm much more experienced and qualified for this job than anyone you've met with so far."

He stared back coldly. "And whose to say I've met with any other people? I just needed an extra guard. My father has already hired more than enough to accompany me this evening."

"Yes," Hiiro agreed "But you're clearly rich, have money, and are looking for a bodyguard who's a notch above anyone else at the auction tonight."

"And...?" He gestured for her to go on.

She stayed silent. "What?" She shrugged carelessly "I'm not your only option am I? So why are you so insistent for me to go on? Are you planning to hire me?" She cocked her head, lips stretching into a smile. Her prey had been cornered.

Unfortunately that only earned a sigh from the man. "I see," He said, standing up. Snapping his fingers, 2 guards in black instantly were at his side. Big, burly, grown up men who looked like human meat shields for hire. Everything Hiiro was not (actually she was grateful she didn't look like that).