The Secret Exam

"Don't you think you were a bit too harsh on them? They've only just learned about Nen." Hiiro muttered, looking at the wall Hisoka had used as a target for his cards. Playing cards stuck out left and right of the decorative wallpaper.

"Hiiro... " Hisoka said ever so softly "It's only the beginning of the journey. You should know better than anyone how it is to start from nothing. Your friends have something to start from- so it is only right for me to have higher expectations."

He grew silent as two pairs of footsteps approached. Hiiro looked up. It was Killua and Gon, arriving mere minutes away from midnight. The magician smirked, letting his murderous aura envelope the surrounding area. Like a bullet, it shot at the boys.

But unlike a bullet, it didn't affect them.

In fact, it didn't even seem to faze them much. Gon and Killua walked forward with no terror in their eyes, only determination. It was only a matter of seconds before they reached the corridor.

"Welcome to the 200th floor." Hiiro whispered, her eyes gleaming in delight.

..........

"Idiot." Hiiro stared at Gon "You should've signed up for a match at least a week from now. Do you realize how much experience Gido has compared to you?"

"Ah..." Gon scratched his neck guiltily.

"You have so much to learn Gon..." Hiiro closed her eyes "Now go before you get disqualified for not going." She pushed the boy forwards lightly, she herself backing away into the shadows.

Hiiro watched as Gon entered the ring, facing Gido with barely any training with nen. She could only hope he wouldn't be pulverized by the veteran, or worse, get his ignorant ass killed.

Right off the bat, Gido used his spinning tops which spun at Gon with incredible speed. One by one, they struck him down, each one making him gasp out in pain. He was able to dodge some of them... but it wasn't enough. At this point, Gido was up with a early four point lead, slowly rising to 6-0.

In no time at all, Gon had been knocked out of the ring two times. Gido started spinning himself, using his Tornado Top making it nearly impossible for Gon to land a hit on the topmaster. It was now 9-0.

With limited options, Gon released his ten. Hiiro flinched for Gons sake. Without Ten, a strike from Gido's spinning tops would seriously injure him.

Gon stared onwards, letting his presence fade.

"Zetsu...?" Hiiro muttered to herself "I didn't know he could use Zetsu..."

The green haired boy managed to evade all of Gido's attacks for a short while. Still, he wasn't able to do anything other than dodge. It was hopeless.

Gon had lost.

..........

The sun had set, and the moon had risen. Hiiro sat next to Killua, on Gon's bed, listening to the assasin lecture Gon on his recklessness. Gon's injuries would take 2 months to heal- they were that severe.

"Knock it off." Hiiro let out an exasperated sigh. She glanced towards the door. Somewas was standing outside. Getting up, Hiiro opened the door "Hello." She greeted. It was the man that had trained Gon and Killua to use ten and pass Hisokas initiation.

The man strolled past her, approaching Gon's bed.

"Uh, I'm sor-" Gon tried

The man slapped Gon. "Apologizing to me isn't going to help! What on earth were you thinking?! Didn't you see the ones who went through Nen initiation? You could easily had ended up like them."