Part 19: Fallen Comrades

Mikasa's POV

As we all maneuvered around in the underground city, we had followed a trail of blood, which we supposed was Jessica's. I glanced at Eren who was determinedly looking around for Jess, sighing I looked back towards the track... Why does he keep on friend-zoning me?

But then I found my eyes lingering on Jean, who was looking at me. Blushing he looked away, but I was surprised... Why did my eyes linger on Jean?

Could it be...

"MIKASA!" Sasha yelled as she pointed behind me, and sure enough a band of thugs had noticed us and started shooting us accurately with really long shotguns that was slightly modified.

But one of the bullets hit my leg, groaning I winced at the pain.

"LETS GO FASTER," I yelled as we improved our position and was zipping and dodging looming apartments and buildings.

Some of us were injured from the guns, but Hanji was found eagerly clutching one, her face red and she had a creepy expression on. Sasha had started drooling as she saw a bread stall under, but catching my gaze she stopped.

Connie had a injury in his arm, which he was clutching while doing 3DMG, while Jean had started telling Ymir something. But then my blood boiled for some reason, maybe...

Just maybe...

I started....

Liking him?

Shaking the idea off, we stopped at the ground where the blood ended. In front of us was a run down apartment, with at less 50 storeys. Glancing at Eren, we both nodded. I went ahead and knocked, there were muffled sounds which seem suspicious.

"Anyone there?!" Sasha called from behind. There was no answer there was a eerie silence.

"Last call... If no ones opening the door I'm kicking it open." I growl, my eyes glaring through the peep hole, but all that greeted us was silence.

Without warning I kicked the door with all my might, sending the door to break in to pieces as the wooden splinters flew inwards. Inside was no one, we all took out our twin blades and walked in, looking around each other.

Hanji was now serious as she directed us into 2 teams. Her, Armin, Sasha, Christa. The other team was me, Jean, Ymir, Connie, Eren. As both teams parted ways through either side.

Regular POV

As my senses came to be, I slowly adjusted to the dim lighting of the small dirty room. Around me were people... They were also wounded, there was a stench of dead corpses. Opening my eyes widely, I glanced around,Cathay were all pretty familiar.

Seeing I was awake one of them tossed a rotten apple at me, gesturing me to eat it. Recoiling in disgust, I tossed it back.

"No... It's ok, I'm not hungry." I reply to whoever tossed me it.

"You need it Jess." The person said weakly, the voice was so familiar I knew it ever since I was a trainee. She had long black hair with a few streaks at the tips of her hair and brown eyes.

"S-Sarah?!" I say as I got up as I hugged her.

"No, stay away Jess, I have a disease that's contagious... Please... Stay away." She croaks as she pushes me away weakly.

"WHAT THE FUCK, WHO DID THIS TO YOU. I'M GONNA KICK THEIR ASS LIKE NO TOMORROW." I yell as I looked around.

"It's no use... We're stuck here forever." Someone else says.

"Ryan...?" I say eyes widening, he chuckles. He had short blonde hair that was dirty and blue eyes, he was my hot guy friend that always had a 'sexy imagination'.