Lydia

⚠️ Disclaimer:⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Artemis

After Natalie left to go to the mall with Tali and Barbara, I was left alone to do all the packhouse chores, which included mowing the lawn, cleaning the chambers upstairs, laundry and dinner preparations. It would take the whole day to get them done. And if I didn't get the chores done, my parents would have my head.

"Ooh look it's the pack slave,"

I looked up and saw two girls standing in front of me, Trina Michaels and Fiona Parker. The she wolves who had made it their business to always hamper with my work, disrupt me and make my life miserable.

Trina, a brunette with tanned skin, grey eyes and a petite frame was Evan's cousin. She was an arrogant girl with a hoity toity attitude and was forever known to be a perpetual nuisance ever since she was a pup. She was the leader of the two and kindness seemed to be a foreign concept to her.

Fiona was her best friend and she has blonde hair with violet eyes, fair skin and she was skinny as a twig. Fiona was the epitome of spoiled and untamed and like Trina, she had a nasty attitude.

"Where are your two best friends? Have they left you to slave all afternoon?" Trina asked with a smirk.
I sighed and tried to ignore her, but since I had the worst luck in the pack, instead of leaving me alone to do my work, she grabbed me by my arm and slapped me across my face, her hand leaving a stinging sensation behind. I held my face and looked at her.

"What was that for? I didn't do anything," I said as I tried to keep my tears from falling.
"I'm talking to you and you ignored me, when I am speaking to you, I expect you to reply, whore," she hissed.

I bit my lip and tried to get away from her, but her grip tightened and I could feel her long finger nails digging into my flesh.
"What is going on here?!"
I turned and saw Garrett coming towards me with Lydia on his arm. His eyes were flashing as he saw Trina holding my arm so aggressively.

"Release Artemis Trina!" he shouted the command and Trina had no choice but to obey. Not before punching me in my abdomen, making me cry out and fall to my knees. Garrett growled and Trina and Fiona laughed and sauntered to the packhouse.

Lydia rushed over and helped me to rise. Tears fell from my eyes and soaked my dress. Lydia was sympathetic as she draped her arm across my shoulder and lead me to the packhouse despite my protests.

"Lydia I have work to do, if my parents find out I was slacking, I'll get in trouble," I said.
"You aren't slacking, just taking a break," Lydia assured me.
"I also have to clean the upstairs chambers, make dinner and do laundry," I argued.

Upon hearing this, Lydia glanced at Garrett and her eyes showed disbelief. Clearly she was unaware of how much work am omega had to do in a pack. I wondered what kind of background Lydia came from.

"Artemis, wheres Tali and Barbara? Don't they worked with you," Lydia's voice threw me off my train of thought and I glanced her way, my eyes distant.

"They're shopping with Natalie," I replied.
Garrett scoffed and Lydia gave a slight exclamation of disgust. "Shopping? While you're out here working? That girl disgusts me," Lydia said shaking her head.

"Ooh, Lydia doesn't seem too fond of our future Luna, I'm going to like spending time with her and her wolf," Caroline said in my head in a smug tone. I giggled a little louder than I intended to and Garrett and Lydia glanced at me with raised eyebrows.

"Are you okay Artemis?" Garret asked.
"Caroline likes Lydia, she says she would enjoy spending time with her and her wolf. Since she dislikes Natalie," I said.

Lydia and Garrett laughed, I was glad they took it so lightly. Anyone else who heard me say that would've told Alec and my parents straight away. That would've sent me straight to the dungeon. We arrived at the packhouse and entered the kitchen through the backdoor.

"Sit, I'll get some cookies for you and you can relax for a bit. I can ask my father to send two of our maids to help you with the laundry. The lawn is nearly finished, so you can complete that after your break, then you can clean the chambers upstairs," Lydia said kindly. I smiled and thanked her.

She was officially my second favourite wolf in the pack after Garrett, she was so nice, unlike the she wolves who lived here, nasty, unmannerly, slutty and shameless. Half of them never met their mates and already cheated on them with other wolves, which was heavily frowned upon in our pack.

Lydia brought the cookies and we sat down to eat. We chatted for a while and I casually mentioned the upcoming Shining Cosmos Gala that was to be held in a fortnight.

"Alpha Marcus holds it every five years to celebrate the alliance forged between the two packs, it's customary that every pack member go," I said as I nibbled on the raisin oatmeal cookies that were so delicious, they melted in your mouth.

"Did you make these Lydia?" I asked finishing my second cookie.
"I did, do you like them?" she asked smilingly.
I nodded vigorously and she and Garrett chuckled as I reached for yet another one of the scrumptious treats.

I took a sip of milk and we chatted for a while longer before Garrett rose, stating he had some things to take care of.
"Lydia will keep you company if you wish Artemis," he added as he pressed a kiss to his mate's forehead.

"Thank you Garrett, but I must see to my chores, I'm sure Lydia has better things to do," I politely declined the offer, not wanting to hurt Lydia's feelings after she had been so nice to me. I rose and took the empty dishes to the sink to wash them.

"Nonsense Artemis, I'll be happy to keep you company until you finish your chores, you have no one to talk to, besides Caroline I mean," she said smiling widely.
I smiled back and placed the dishes on the rack to drain.
"That would be lovely, thank you Lydia,"

I wiped down the table and dusted my hands on my dress. Garrett kissed Lydia one more time before he left to tend to his duties.
"So my maids will be here shortly, in the meantime, you can finish mowing the lawn," Lydia said as she and I left the packhouse.

I nodded and we walked to where the lawn mower sat, making small talk as we walked. And while we did, I sighed inwardly, wishing I wasn't an omega. That way Lydia and I could talk all day, shop, go out and have fun.

But it was impossible. I was an omega, she was the mate of our Beta. If only things were different. It was quite unfortunate that it wasn't. That's just the way things worked in our pack, it made me sad but there was nothing I could do about it.