A friend indeed; or six

⚠️ Disclaimer:⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied, plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Artemis
After Dimitri and I left the Alpha's Chambers we both went downstairs to get something to eat. It was six o'clock now and in order for us to get up early to get the majority of the preparations  organised in time, we needed to wake up early. Crimson Blood was allied with many packs, and there was no doubt they'll come to meet Alpha Dimitri Chekhov's new Luna. But that would be the next day. Thank the Goddess.

"What do you want for dinner babe?" I asked as I reached down into the fridge to see what it had to cook. I was thinking of making something quick and easy. Maybe noodles and vegetables with some pieces of chicken. Deciding that was the thing, I pulled out some veggies and started to wash them. Once done, I took out some noodles from the pantry as well as chicken cutlets from the fridge.

"What are you making?" Dimitri asked as he took a bottle of water from the fridge and took a sip.
"Noodles, chow mein and chicken cutlets," I said taking the washed vegetables from the sink and carrying them to the counter to chop up.
"Hey whatcha making?"
Dimitri and I turned and saw Bria, Lana, Everice, Alessandro,  Vincent and Todd come into the kitchen.

"Noodles, chow mein and chicken cutlets. Does that sound good to you guys?" I asked smilingly.
"You can cook? Just how many more secrets do you have Artemis Terry?" Vincent asked teasingly. "I had no idea you had the culinary talent."
"One, yes I can cook, two I don't have secrets, three my name is Artemis Chekhov not Artemis Terry and four you never asked," I said winking briefly and going back to cutting the veggies.

"Oh would you just listen to her?  Claiming that she's not Artemis Terry but Artemis Chekhov," Bria said wriggling her eyebrows.
"Well last time I checked my mate  not only mated with me, he also marked me, hence changing my surname from Terry to Chekhov. Didn't you baby?" I asked sweetly as I tapped his shoulder.
"That's right my love. Dimitri said wrapping his arms around my back and nuzzling my neck.

"So are you ready to be crowned the new Luna of Crimson Blood Artemis?" Todd asked changing the subject. "Tonight's your last night being carefree like how you are now, once you're the Luna of the pack, things are gonna be different. You'll be sharing the responsibility of managing the pack with Dimitri and protecting it also. Are you seriously ready to step up and take on all that responsibility?"

I put what Todd said into consideration. Was I ready to take on the responsibility of such a daunting task? One that could affect the lives of my pack? Was I ready for them to rely, depend on and trust my judgement?
"Don't think so much Artemis. You are a strong, capable, sensible she wolf and I have confidence that you will be a wonderful Luna," Caroline spoke up for the first time in a long time. She sounded sleepy, like she just woke up.

"Artemis are you okay?" Dimitri asked in concern as he held my shoulders. I probably zoned out while they were talking to me.
"All the duties and expectations that everyone has of me, I don't know if I'm capable enough to carry them out. I mean all my life I've been called weak, pathetic and shallow. Never able to make a difference, not being strong enough to rule any pack or do anything important. What if... what if it's true?" I asked softly.

"Artemis whatever happened to you in the past, it's over. You're not weak, pathetic and shallow. You're a strong she wolf and my mate also," Dimitri said in an attempt to get me out of my depressing thoughts.
"Artemis you'll be a great Luna. You're not alone, you have us with you," Lana said soothingly.

"She's right, you've been through purgatory all your life. It's time to get out of that dark abyss, rise up from the hate, negligence and hurt and start your life afresh," Bria told me.
"Tomorrow evening you'll be crowned the Luna of Crimson Blood. The pack will accept you and gradually learn to trust you with their lives. Believe me they will," Alessandro added.

"You have your mate, your family and your friends backing you up. You have nothing to worry about Artemis," Vincent said as he placed a hand on Lana's shoulder.
"What if Ravenna and Marcus comes to the ceremony and does something drastic? Both of them sent threatening notes to us and Marcus knows that I'm mated to you Dimitri. He wants me back," I said in a scared voice.

"He wants you, but he won't get you. You're mine Artemis, you are my mate, my Luna. Marcus will never have you. He's crazy if he thinks I'll just hand you over to him," Dimitri said lowly.
"He's a sick, twisted, sadistic son of a bitch. He never deserved you as his mate Artemis. He doesn't even deserve a second chance mate. He didn't know what he had until he lost it," Everice said angrily.

"He had such a precious jewel like you and rejected you just because you were an omega. And it wasn't even your doing," Todd said shaking his head.
"I know. But I still can't help thinking something bad is going to happen tomorrow. Whenever I have good luck, bad luck always follows to make up for it," I said dolefully. "Sometimes I feel like the Moon Goddess is playing games with my life."

"You listen to me. As long as I'm around, nothing is going to harm you. You are my mate. I'm not letting anything or anyone hurt you. Not now, not ever again," Dimitri said firmly.
"Trust him Artemis. Dimitri loves us, he won't let anything happen to us, we have to believe he'll be there to protect us," Caroline said reassuringly.

I listened to the words spoken by my trustworthy wolf, my loving mate and my loyal friends and my once broken heart. They all told me the exact same thing. Trust them. After the two long and tortuous years I spent with Marcus, I had lost all hope where trust and love were concerned. But standing here surrounded by my mate and friends, the long, lost desire to trust resurfaced. It started off as a spark, then slowly transcended to a roaring flame.

I looked around and saw that they were still watching me, clearly waiting for me to say something.
"Aren't you guys hungry? Cause I am. I'm not just hungry I'm starving! Who wants to help me cook?" I asked cheerfully as I took the vegetables and resumed chopping them chow mein style.
"Yeah I'm starving too. I'll season the chicken cutlets," Bria offered.

"Sounds good, I'll put the noodles to boil and I'll get started on desert, I'm feeling snackish," Lana giggled.
"What can I do?" Everice asked.
"You can help Lana make desert. What are you making Lana?" I asked turning to look at Lana who was now filling a pot of water for the noodles.
"Oatmeal and raisin cookies. I absolutely love those. They're so delicious it's a crime not to eat them," she said dramatically.

"Any work for the guys?" Dimitri asked teasingly.
"You can leave and don't come back until dinners ready. You'll distract us," Bria said as she put in the appropriate seasonings in the bowl of chicken cutlets.
"How mean," Alessandro said in mock sadness.
"I'm not mean I just have the balls to say what everyone else is thinking," Bria said winking at her mate.

"Balls? I thought I was the only one with balls in out relationship," Alessandro said.
"You do. And they are sexy as hell. So large and heavy and suckable. At one time I almost choked on the left one and-"
"KNOCK IT OFF BRIA!" Lana, Everice and I shouted in unison.
"Oh please Artemis don't be like that. Relatively speaking, how's your throat?" Bria asked sweetly.

"What do you mean how's my throat. I didn't do anything to have my throat affect me," I said confusedly.
"You and Dimitri were moaning so loudly I could swear you both needed some cough syrup when you were done," Bria said smirking at me.
My face went red. Dear Goddess they heard us! They heard me!

"What's wrong Artemis? Nothing to say?" Bria inquired.
"Just season your chicken and pipe down,' I said through gritted teeth.
"Did I get under your skin?" Bria asked laughingly.
"No I'm not in the least bit affected," I said simply.
Who am I kidding, I'm such a liar.