Escape

⚠️ Disclaimer:⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied, plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Artemis

"Tonight? He's going to take my virginity tonight? No! I can't allow him to do that to us!" I sat in my bed rocking back and forth, tears falling down my face and soaking my dress. After Marcus left, he locked the door and went back to the Alpha's Chambers. I was so stunned I could barely stand, so I slumped down to the ground and stayed there for an hour, crying and pulling my hair.

"What are we going to do? He's coming tonight to take our virginity, he'll take undue advantage of us and we won't be able to say or do anything," Caroline wailed.
"Caroline calm down! We just have to come up with a plan that's all," I said as I tried to soothe my distraught wolf.
"But how? The door and window is locked and there's no way to get out without the guards seeing us and alerting Marcus," Caroline protested.

"Everything is going to be okay, I have a bobby pin in my drawer, I can use it to pick the lock," I said.
"What'll happen once we leave the packhouse? Guards are posted at every corner of the territory," Caroline stated.

I didn't answer her. I simply sighed and got up off the ground and pulled out my special box from under the bed. I took out my grandmother's pendant and put it around my neck. When I was feeling lost and out of it, my pendant always gave me courage and helped calm me down. It was my most valuable possession. I didn't know why, but for some reason, whenever I had on this pendant I felt...safe.

I took a couple of deep breaths to calm myself and when my heart rate was back to normal, I laid on my bed and closed my eyes, massaging my temples and just relaxing in the ambiance of the afternoon. I eventually fell asleep, I didn't want to, but I did. When I opened them again, the room was dark. Meaning it was probably in the evening.

Evening. Evening. EVENING?!
"Oh look who finally decided to wake up, I've been calling you forever!" Caroline shouted.
"What time is it? How long have I been sleeping?!" I cried frantically as I flew off the bed and stood in front of the mirror.
"I don't know, 5:00pm I think?" now Caroline was frantic as I could literally feel her tension mixed with my own.

Before I could respond however, a knock was heard at the door. I froze in my spot like a deer caught in the headlights of a vehicle. Paralyzed and totally immobile.
"Wh..who's there?" I whispered.
"Artemis! It's me, Michelle, open the door,"
"Michelle! Thank Goddess," I hurried to the door and turned the knob. Locked. Again.

"It's locked Michelle, I can't open it," I said through the door.
"Use the bobby pin!" Caroline said rolling her eyes.
"Oh yes I forgot about that," I said as I pulled a pin out of the bun that held my hair in place and inserted it into the lock. I twisted, and turned the pin in the lock as gently as possible. The door opened in seconds.

I pushed it open and Michelle immediately pulled me out into the hallway and hugged me tightly, crying softly.
"Artemis I heard what happened with you and Marcus, I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry you had to go through that."
"You had no idea Michelle. You have nothing to be sorry for," I said stroking her hair.

"Forget that! I heard what he said about taking your virginity tonight, it's 6:30pm, he's in a meeting, I heard him say to his friends that he's gonna come for  his little rose at 7:00pm!"  Michelle said urgently.
"Artemis you have just half an hour to leave the territory. Marcus doesn't care for you, he just wants your for your body, you have to leave here and you have to leave here now!"

"Michelle what if he sees me?" I whispered.
"He won't, I'll keep him in the meeting hall for as long as possible, you have to leave now!" Michelle said as she took my arm and pushed me out into the hallway. We walked through the halls, looking around every corner before moving forward. Eventually we reached outside on the back lawn where the fountain was.

Michelle turned to me with fresh tears in her eyes.
"I'll miss you so much Artemis.  I don't know where you'll go, but anywhere is better than here," she sobbed out as she hugged me again.
"I'll miss you too Michelle. I'll never forget the kindness and compassion you showed me these past two years," I said smiling sadly.

We hugged a few minutes more before we separated. I walked in the direction of the woods and Michelle stood by the doorway, keeping an eye out.
Suddenly I heard a glass breaking and a door slamming followed by the words,
"She's escaped! Artemis has escaped! This is a code red emergency! All units fan out, find her now! Do not let her leave the territory!"

"We're screwed!" Caroline yelped.
I turned around and saw that Michelle's face had turned ash white and her body was shaking.
"RUN!" she shouted at me.
And I did just that. I kicked off my sandals and ran into the woods, bring careful not to step on anything as I ran.
Suddenly loud, angry howls could be heard all around me.
"Get her back now!" Marcus roared in his Alpha voice.

Realising I could never make it do far on two legs, I made a snap decision and shifted while running. The howls grew louder and louder, I needed to get out of there Asap! So once I had shifted and had grown accustomed to being in my wolf form,  I bolted through the woods with the howls getting louder and closer with each passing second.
The hunt was on.

Author's note: okay so I updated the two chapters of The Rejected Luna in one night. The long time wish for Artemis to run away from Marcus has finally come true, but how long will she run before she is caught? 😱😨
Hope you are enjoyed each other next one will be up soon. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️