Chapter 33

Harry knew it was probably just a dream, but it was so real.

He was looking at himself in the mirror, his reflection started talking to him.

"it might be a dream Harry but you know I'm right." the reflection spoke up.

Harry's breath hitched, "wha?" he frowned.

"you are just so dumb, aren't you? You know he is gonna leave you, still you are gonna let yourself fall for him." the reflection laughed.

"I have everything now, why would he leave?!" Harry asked angrily, not finding any logic there.

"he used to "love" you, but he still left! Now he hates you! you can't buy his love you idiot!" the reflection spat.

Harry looked around the room, finding his other-self sleeping peacefully on the bed, next to Zayn, who's back was facing Harry.

Turning around to look into the mirror, the reflection smirked, "you know I'm right." then it started laughing, Harry lost control of his anger and punched the mirror.

With the sound of the mirror shattering, Harry woke up, sweaty and confused, without thinking twice, he took his phone and got up from bed, on his way out, he looked at himself in the mirror, he could see Zayn's reflection too, "yeah you're right, he is gonna leave anyway."

Without making much noise, Harry wore his pjs, he just needed a drink, or 10.

So, he started with beer, he was woozy after his second bottle, he grabbed a bottle of vodka and walked to the living room, he sat his bum down right in front of a mirror they had there, then... he just... started talking to himself?

"hey, um... I was thinking about what you told me... it just....it doesn't make sense if you think about it... like yeah I'm not his favorite person in the world right now, but we had a...um... history!"

Then he waited for his reflection to talk to him... "now you decided to go silent on me?"

No answer.

"right." he took a chug of his vodka, it was too strong, why did he decide to drink straight vodka?

After a couple of gulp, he was proper Drunk, capital D.

And magically, his reflection decided to talk again.

It was 7 in the morning when Zayn's bladder screamed to him to wake up, he had no choice.

When he opened his eyes, he thought he would find Harry beside him, but it was empty, frowning, he made his way to the bathroom and did his business.

Before he can jump back in the bed, he heard laughter coming from the living room.

From the tone of the voice Zayn knew it belonged to Harry, his frown deepened, he put one of Harry's t-shirts on, and walked to the living room, only to see a mess of a husband talking to himself.

"oh my god! So true! I mean I'm just wealthy! What else do I have? I'm not gonna blame him when he leaves this time!" Harry said to himself, which creeped Zayn out.

On one hand, Zayn wanted to just run away, sleep till Harry is sober, on the other hand, he didn't want to see Harry hurting himself or something at that stage.

So he decided to approach to him, Harry was getting closer to the mirror, "ugly." Harry called, for a second Zayn thought Harry was insulting him, but then suddenly Harry punched the mirror.

Zayn's heart jumped off his chest from the sound, "still ugly." Harry said to his broken reflection, he sank down, keeping his bleeding knuckles to his chest.

It was such an intimidating situation that Zayn had to stay back and calm himself down to dare to join Harry, but eventually after a couple of minutes he slowly walked towards Harry, still super aware of every move Harry made, he would wait a second every time Harry would move an inch.

"h-Harry?" Zayn called, staying a foot away, when Harry looked up, he decided to kneel down.

"are you okay?" Zayn asked, voice soft but on edge, Harry stared at him with scared eyes, like he couldn't decide if Zayn was real of his mind was playing tricks on him.

"I-I'm...are you real?"

Now it was Zayn's turn to stare at Harry, "yeah... let me see your hand?" Zayn asked, taking Harry's hand in his smaller ones, "come on, we should clean it." Zayn said, helping Harry to stand up.

It was so hard to walk with an over grown man leaning on Zayn, one mistake and Harry could crush every bone in his body...

Zayn let out a sigh of relief when they finally stumbled in the bathroom, he helped Harry to sit down and damped a towel to clean Harry's cut.

You think a giant man like Harry would let Zayn just do his job without much of a trouble, but no, Harry proved to be a total child when he is hurt, and drunk, and it took everything in Zayn not to snap at him.

"now I'm uglier!" Harry mumbled, eyes pooling with tears.

"you are not ugly Harry." Zayn huffed, done with bandage, he was washing his hands.

"you are lying! Lying is bad Zayn! It'll get you in trouble!"

See? Total man-child.

"but I'm not lying" Zayn said, helping Harry up.

"then why are you gonna leave me?" Harry asked, so sure that its gonna happen.

"who said I'm gonna leave?" Zayn wondered as he helped Harry to lay down.

"my reflection." Harry answered, too serious for Zayn to take it as a joke.

Zayn huffed, massaging his temple, "look, I'm not going anywhere, unless you give me a reason to."

"what was your reason 10 years ago?" Harry asked, it didn't make sense, he never did anything wrong, he just didn't have money.

Zayn stayed quiet, not knowing how to answer, what to say even? "let it go Harry, it was 10 years ago, now I'm here." Zayn tried.

Harry thought about it, he closed his eyes, pushed them closed actually, for a couple of seconds, then he opened them again "I can't."

Zayn wanted to laugh, it was kinda adorable, but too sad to laugh, "try to sleep? It might help?" he offered.

And Harry, he was too tired to object, so he did just that, sleeping in a hope that he might wake up feeling less hurt by the past.

Meanwhile, Zayn decided to go for a walk till Harry sleeps, so he took a quick shower and head out, he still had some money to buy his pills, maybe something strong for Harry too, god knows he will wake up with the worst hangover ever.

********************************************

its been so long! i'm so so sorry.

so hear me out, i've lost someone about a month ago, it hurt me so bad that i didn't want to listen to any song or write anything, it felt wrong.

i'm sorry i kept you guys waiting, i have the best readers, i appreciate you guys.

thank you for the follows, for the comments, for the votes! thanks for the rereads Eliszarryfanfics ! wow, never never thought that would happen to me!

i know this one is short, and not that good, but i'm trying to go back to the writing mood, so please bear with me😚😙