27. Beth Montgomery

⚠️Suicide Warning for this Chapter⚠️

"Faith?" He asked, putting his keys in his pocket.

I lent down to Oak whispering. " Please get rid of him" I looked up at him and he nodded.

"Go out through the side ally, through the lobby ask the woman at the desk. Wait there I'll meet you." He told me, and I nodded. Turning away from the men and rushing to the front.

I asked the woman and she showed me to the exit Oak was talking about. I went into the alleyway. There was a man standing there, there was a gun in his hand.

I furrowed my brows. Why was he here why was he holding a gun. In a closed off back alleyway. 

"Exuse me?" I called and the man jumped and turned to face me. He had tears running down his face. He looked like he was heartbroken "Are you ok?" I asked and he smiled lazily.

"I'm great. But can you do something for me?" He asked in return, and I stepped closer to him nodding. "Tell my Mother. Beth Montgomery that I love her, that I'm sorry." He said before putting the gun to his head and before I knew I was splattered in blood and my ears were ringing.

I drew a deep breath in, but struggled to let it out in anything but a scream. I screamed and screamed, running to the man, falling to my knees trying to stop the blood.

Both Daveed and Oak rushed out of the door followed by everyone in the foyer. I imagine they saw a hysterical woman covered in blood, trying to save a man who'd blown his head off.

I was inconsolable, even when they dragged me away from the man. Oak had carried me, much against my will up to their room. I was now sat on the toilet, crying the blood from my face. Rafa sat next to me wiping my hands and whatever else was on my body with a wet washcloth.

I was babbling uncontrolably, crying, shaking, barley breathing. I knew Rafa was talking but I couldn't hear him. My ears were still ringing from the sound of the gun. Thinking about it made me shiver. I had seen all of it.

My brother, now this guy.

The ringing was slowly dulling and my breathing was slowing, however my mind was racing. I could hear Rafa now, he was just saying my name. I looked down at my hands, still covered in blood. Tears streamed down my face and I finally made eye contact with Rafa. I tried saying something before he cut me off with a hug.

His shoulders were shaking and I only now realised he was crying.

"You scared me. Oak carried you in here covered in blood!" He cried and I hugged him back, trying not to get blood on him.

"I'm sorry" I whispered, still crying.

"No. You don't have to be sorry. Ok? Look at me. " I looked up at him and he wiped my face, keeping my face in his hands.  "This isn't your fault. You couldn't have done anything, and I know that sucks but you couldn't help." He told me and I nodded.

"What happened to the guy?" I asked, finally calming down.

"They took him to the hospital, they're gonna figure out who he is and ring his mom." He explained and I stood up, he copied my action and stood up too.

I went to the sink, and scrubbed my hands of the blood with the hotel soap, Rafa left the bathroom and I took off my shirt, that was covered in blood.  walking out of the bathroom, grabbing Rafa's hoodie that I took off earlier putting it on.

"Raf, let's go." I called as I grabbed my phone and wallet and walked out the door.

"Hold up. Where do you think your going?" Daveed called from inside as Rafa stepped into the hallway.

I looked at Rafa and he looked worried.

"To the hospital"