(halloween special) competition

"it's all just a bunch of hocus pocus."
warnings: fluff
house: any☕️
wc: 634

"boo!" you frighten successfully, a yelp and faffed hands in return. satisfaction.

it was closing to halloween, and even though you had tricksters around (particularly two gingers), the fright excited you, and you admired the holiday.

someone you loved to terrify was draco, and even though some people would consider it mean to scare your loved one, it egged him to try and scare you. and once, you let it slide; but ever since he's been trying to get you back.

from spooky sounds, to floating lights, to howling wolves and growling from your dorm door, he never obtained victory. this year however; he was getting competitive, and people loathed walking by the two of you, just in case they would get caught up in the scare.

patting the platinum on his back, you laugh hysterically, "it's okay draco, i didn't get a photo this time."
"you wouldn't dare." he grumbled, a smile threatening to break at the memory.
you lightly kiss him on the cheek for his forgiveness, and he puts his finger up, "i know what your trying to do," he stares ice into your soul, "you won't win me over any longer, l/n." he says with ambition laced in his tone, his exit leaving you slightly speechless; but excited.

-

after a long, but adventurous day out in hogsmede, you swung your scarf over your bed, swinging your coat off also and chucking it on your door, in hopes one of your roommates wouldn't steal it.
sliding your wallet out of your denim pocket, you slid it onto your beside table, beginning to take in the autumn coldness as you took off your gloves.

backing up to your bed, you take a look in the mirror, seeing your hair having multiple flyaways due to the autumn wind. just as you were about to sort it, you notice some shuffling, and before you can seek the darkness under your bed, a skinny pale arm leaps out and grabs your ankle, pulling you into the wooden frame that held your mattress. you let out a loud yelp, your adrenaline kicking in and kicking off the arm and immediately going to defend yourself before you notice a familiar man peering from under your bed.

"you have five seconds to get out of my room."
a satisfied chuckle escapes his lips, and he pulls himself out, looking down at you with a mischievous grin plastered on his face.
"don't." you suppress your annoyance.
"i'll make it up to you, darling."
"don't call me that."

there's a little pause before draco laces his arms around you gently, kissing your cheek and whispering 'darling, forgive me, but it was hilarious.'
internally dying at the soothing tone and soft breathe rolling down tour neck, you begin to realize he's pulling your own trick.

"asshole." you retort, brushing him off.
he ruffles your hair, "you're so adorable when your mad."
"so not." you angrily start making your bed.

he softly rests his hands on your hips from behind you, pulling you closer to him and you slightly hear his heartbeat.
"you're going to get into trouble for being here."
he spins you around, a smirk cornering his lips, "like that's bothered us before, darling?"
"oh-" you realize his initiation, smacking him on his chest playfully, "you dirty man."
"mm." he mumbles, his smirk smaller, but his eyes saying it all, amd you slowly loose yourself in them as he trails his hands up to your lower back, tilting your head and kissing your forehead, "i do sincerely apologize for scaring you."
"i'm sure of it, draco." you spin yourself back around, and continue making your bed with the struggle of draco apologizing over-and-over.