no, no...don't cry

5

"the song has ended, but the melody lingers on."

warnings: angst, fluffyy, mentions death of close friend, mentions of murder
house: any🤍
wc: 432

i had waited all day for this moment to come. the moment where my throat throbs in pain and my heart aches and twists in my chest.
but right now? did it have to be right now?

one of my closest friends had been murdered not only a week ago. they stuck by me, babied me when i was sad, they understood every inch of my soul. and now it was all gone. their life slipped away from my grasp like silk.

i watch as people start to notice on my table, eyes flickering up, as they hover over my trembling hands. i suddenly feel the urge to be sick, my head pounding with the amount of anxiety soaring through my body.

i swing my legs over the bench, and walk as steady as i could out of the dining hall, trying not to make such a fuss about it. but soon enough, i was breaking into a sprint down the corridors, finding the nearest exit to breathe.

luckily, it wasn't long until fresh air hit my already stained red face, - puffy and all.
i had managed to find way to a tree, the cold air brushing against my face soothingly.

"y/n?" you hear from the man you didn't want to particularly see at the moment.
you stay facing towards the trunk, "please, go away."

you feel hands pressing gently on the sides of your shoulders, your eyes soon meeting the platinum's chest.
we both stand there for a while, before a curled finger rests under your chin, your puffy pink eyes meeting with draco's pale, cold ones.

they somehow reminded you of theirs, you started to see everything in them. everything happy. everything you wouldn't no longer be able to do with them.

your head aches once more as you frown, dropping your head from draco's touch. you softly begin to sob, your hands reaching up to your face that had grown sore from the tears.

"no, no, no, no, don't cry." draco pleads, soon pulling you in by your wrists. he strokes through your h/c hair, your rocky sobs coming to a holt as you flutter your eyes closed to his comforting touch and scent.

"everything's going to be okay, darling." he mumbles, his voice so soft and gentle.
you feel numb, but you manage to grasp onto the grey jumper he was wearing, pulling him closer as he whispers nothing but everything at the same time.